Question About USBIR6

Forum to discuss Cinemar's USBIR6 IR hardware and plugin
jespeed

Question About USBIR6

Postby jespeed » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:39 pm

Hello All,

I am really impressed with this device. I do have a quick question on its operation. I understand how the 6 independent IR outputs work but I am not quite clear on how the IR Receiver jack works. I currently have my HTPC controlling my home theatre equipment and I have two other rooms that also use and control this HT equipment via Xantech IR Receivers.

My question is when the USBIR6 IR Receiver port receives an IR signal what does it do with this signal? Does it simply send this received IR signal to all 6 IR outputs or is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi Jim,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the USBIR6.

The IR In is designed to be plugged into a IR receiver output. Within the plugin, you map an incoming IR command to a desired MLServeCmd action. Keep in mind you can have many IR receivers (IR LAN) that terminate at the USBIR6 (one in each room if wanted).

There is also an Internal IR In that has to be plugged in, but doesn't have to be used. You can point this small sensor out the front of your PC case for local IR reception.

Don't confuse the IR In with the IR Learn. They are two different things. The very small clear sensor is the Learn device. You point your IR remote control at it and the USBIR6 software can Learn your IR command. You can then map your action to that new IR command.

Very flexible.

jespeed

Postby jespeed » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks for the information. I am still confused though.

How do I map the incoming IR command? In my two other rooms that have the Xantech receivers I am using a different remote than the one in my main room. The main room uses Mainlobby via a laptop to control all of my gear. The other two rooms use an iPronto to control all of the same gear through an IR distribution system. Do I have to map each of the iPronto IR codes all over again to use the IR receiver port on the USBIR6?

I did see the Macro section in the plugin where it will execute commands when it senses an "event". What is this event? By reading the manual it looks like the event is an incoming IR command. If it is then where is the IR code that triggers each event?

Thanks again for your help.

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:35 pm

Go to the MLServer PC where you installed MLUSBIR6.dll (the plugin).
Go to the MLServer\Documentation directory and read the USBIR6_UsersGuide. section 14.

Return to “USBIR6”