Getting Feedback from a Serial Device

A plugin that allows for end user development of multiple RS232 device control systems.
T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Getting Feedback from a Serial Device

Postby T.Wells » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:34 am

Fonceur wrote:
T.Wells wrote:Yes, I just realized that I added the wrong file.

Actually, it's the "user families" that you want to attach... The "known families" is the file distributed by Tallus which contains everything submitted...

Both files "user families" and "known families" are included in the zip file above. WinZip just picked the first file as the new file name.

-T.Wells

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:47 am

T.Wells wrote:Both files "user families" and "known families" are included in the zip file above. WinZip just picked the first file as the new file name.

Oh my bad, I hadn't actually grabbed the file to check the content... ;)
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 pm

T.Wells (or anyone else using MLComDevice and wanting two-way feedback for an Onkyo),
Fonceur was able to get 2 way feedback working and even added a neat hex to dec capability for both send and receive. Over the next couple of days I am going to add all the triggers and when I am done I will post them for others to use.

See this thread on the Tallus forum for more detail:
http://www.talluscorp.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44

Mario, is it OK for us to reference the Tallus forum on your forum? I am not really sure of your business relationship and whether you are partners or competitors.

thanks,
Murray

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:34 pm

MurrayW wrote:Mario, is it OK for us to reference the Tallus forum on your forum? I am not really sure of your business relationship and whether you are partners or competitors.

Technically, more drivers and applications supporting MainLobby can only result in more MainLobby sales...

As for partnership, Cinemar had plenty of time/occasion to come with their own version of Apple's app store, to get a cut of any third party driver/application. Since they decided to pass on it, that's part of the reason why Tallus came about.
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Problem is that when one of these third parties decides to bail out with a half baked product, and that product causes issues with a high paying customer in a production environment, we all loose. You not withstanding, as your support is very good, but for the product that i sell, I do try to stay away from third party non-core items. I have been burnt more than once with third party items and Cinemar, some of which i am still working out from under.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 pm

DaveB wrote:Problem is that when one of these third parties decides to bail out with a half baked product, and that product causes issues with a high paying customer in a production environment, we all loose.

Which is why David/Tallus has access to the source code. ;)

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Murray,
Good to hear your Onkyo is working well with MLComDevice.
From a support perspective, it is much better to post on Tallus's forum to keep concerns and solutions in one place. Hard enough to find a solution on one forum, never mind on two.

I just read a forum post from another MLComDevice user that said that he can now move off of a competing (to Cinemar) HA application entirely to MainLobby as MLComDevice now supports a key piece of his hardware setup. That has to help Cinemar's financial situation overall.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:59 pm

DavidL wrote:Murray,
Good to hear your Onkyo is working well with MLComDevice.
From a support perspective, it is much better to post on Tallus's forum to keep concerns and solutions in one place. Hard enough to find a solution on one forum, never mind on two.

I just read a forum post from another MLComDevice user that said that he can now move off of a competing (to Cinemar) HA application entirely to MainLobby as MLComDevice now supports a key piece of his hardware setup. That has to help Cinemar's financial situation overall.
Since I started this thread, I just wanted to close it out with an update. Besides, I already have the 3rd highest post count on the Tallus forum and I will soon surpass you if I don't slow down. :wink:

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

MurrayW wrote:T.Wells (or anyone else using MLComDevice and wanting two-way feedback for an Onkyo),
Fonceur was able to get 2 way feedback working and even added a neat hex to dec capability for both send and receive. Over the next couple of days I am going to add all the triggers and when I am done I will post them for others to use.

Mario, is it OK for us to reference the Tallus forum on your forum? I am not really sure of your business relationship and whether you are partners or competitors.

thanks,
Murray

OMG! Thanks Murray. I can't believe that I missed these updates.

I was away on vacation when you posted so I missed it when I returned. I actually just logged on to ask you for an update on your progress. It sounds like you have finished.

I can't wait to get the kids to bed tonight so that I can check out the thread on Tallus.

Thanks!
T.Wells

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:15 pm

T.Wells wrote:
MurrayW wrote:T.Wells (or anyone else using MLComDevice and wanting two-way feedback for an Onkyo),

thanks,
Murray

OMG! Thanks Murray. I can't believe that I missed these updates.

I was away on vacation when you posted so I missed it when I returned. I actually just logged on to ask you for an update on your progress. It sounds like you have finished.

I can't wait to get the kids to bed tonight so that I can check out the thread on Tallus.

Thanks!
T.Wells
Mr. Fonceur did all the work. I still need to post my final configuration up there as I promised to do. I'll try to find some time tonight to do so.

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks Murray.

I am excited to give this a try with my Onkyo.

-T.Wells

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:16 am

T.Wells wrote:Thanks Murray.

-T.Wells
I didn't get around to it last night. Maybe early next week (I won't have much time this weekend). The default codes are actually the ones you supplied to Tallus. I did make a new xml file with ALL the codes that the 886 supported, so I will be happy to share that with you once I test it and make sure all is working correctly.

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:31 am

MurrayW wrote:

-T.Wells
I didn't get around to it last night. Maybe early next week (I won't have much time this weekend). The default codes are actually the ones you supplied to Tallus. I did make a new xml file with ALL the codes that the 886 supported, so I will be happy to share that with you once I test it and make sure all is working correctly.

No problem.

Thanks again,
T.Wells

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:05 pm

MurrayW wrote:

-T.Wells

Murray,

I don't want to seem or come off like a pest but can you give an update on when you may have time to test the code before sharing?

Thanks again for all your efforts! :D
T.Wells
Last edited by T.Wells on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:11 pm

T.Wells wrote:
MurrayW wrote:

-T.Wells

Murray,

I don't want to seem or come off like a pest but can you give an update on when you may have time to test the code before sharing?

Thanks again for all you efforts! :D
T.Wells
You're not a pest...I have just been procrastinating. I'll try to get it up tomorrow night.

Sorry,
Murray

Return to “MLGenericDevice”