Command Terminater for Incoming Responses?

A plugin that allows for end user development of multiple RS232 device control systems.
snx

Command Terminater for Incoming Responses?

Postby snx » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 am

Is there anyway to specify a command terminator for incoming responses in MLGD (MLGenericSerial has this option)? I'm trying to communicate with an Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR804) and its responses are always appended on the same line. So after sending commands, the response just continues to get longer which is going to make parsing responses difficult if not impossible.

Terminating the response with a [CR] in MLGenericSerial correctly returns the response. Any way of doing this in MLGD?

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Actually there are 2 places to put command terminators in MLGD. One is on the Controlled Device tab, select the device and hit Edit and at the bottom there is a place for the command terminator. I believe this is for incomming (device to MLGD) statements. For outgoing commands you would select the Commands tab and edit the command you are sending. There's a place there for a command terminator as well.

Hope this helps.

Rick

snx

Postby snx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:43 am

That's interesting- I was under the impression that both locations were for terminating outgoing commands since changing the entry in the device tab pre-populates the entry for commands. I got it working by using "26" in the device tab (the Integra Serial Protocol ends responses with <EOF>) and 13 as the terminator for each command. Thanks for your help.

Any idea what the following in the events tab means: EVENT INFORMATION - 7 - [0]=> I'm seeing preceeding each response from the reciever. Not sure if its relevant as I only have 1 other device and have never seen this status before.

Thanks again

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:49 am

Sorry, I've never seen that before for any of my devices which leads me to think that it may be from your device.

Return to “MLGenericDevice”