Where is MLXantechMRC88 Plug-in?

A plugin that allows for end user development of multiple RS232 device control systems.
pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Where is MLXantechMRC88 Plug-in?

Postby pete_auto » Thu May 29, 2008 10:13 pm

I downloaded the MLXantechMRC88 Plug-in. It seemed like the installation went fine, but I don't see the plug-in listed anywhere. I can't find any documentation either. Is this plug-in complete and available? How can I get my hands on it?

Please help.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm

This is a MLGenericDevice driver (it's not a plugin). You would also install the latest MLGenericDevice Plugin, and then Import the XantechMR88 into MLGenericDevice plugin. See the wiki on MLGenericDevice.

I am not sure if the MR88 driver is complete or not. I think it was shared by a user.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Fri May 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Thanks Smooth...

I downloaded the trial version of MLGeneric Device, and tried to import the MRC88, but it wouldn't let me until I have a full license. So I guess I will buy it in the next day or so.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat May 31, 2008 6:16 am

Try removing the sample default devices from MLGD and then try adding back the Xantech.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Yes Smooth - that worked. I am now in process of getting this to work via the GC-100.

Thanks for the help.

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:28 am

The Xantech MRC88 Generic Device driver (it actually says MRAudio) seems to only have the serial commands under the "commands" section. The commands work fine, but are simply the RS232 commands. I don't see anything else.

I know you said that the driver in "incomplete", but there is not much there under this driver.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi Pete,

Keep in mind that when buying the MLGD plugin you are buying the MLGD plugin and not the device nor support for the device. I think MLGD is one of the best plugins Cinemar offers but the way it is offered is cumbersome, deceptive and too pricey. $60 is a lot of money for a plugin you program and support yourself, IMHO. Cinemar should not advertise a plugin for any device that requires MLGD.

I never offered my devices for sharing because I don't have the time to support them. I think that's why so few folks offer their devices for sharing. Also beware that there's a hidden expiration timer in MLGD and it will expire, usually at the most inopportune time. I know Cinemar is sick of me whining about the MLGD pricing policy so I'll shut up.

The other issue is that when programming the queries, chances are that each person will customize it to their system. In other words, when a response is received from a device by MLGD, I have it initiate MLServe commands that are specific to my system. Probably not very helpful to anyone else.

I have a working version of MRAUDIO8X8/MRC88. If you would like a copy so that you could see how the queries are structured, PM me. Like I said, its specific to my setup but you could easily make changes to the MLServe commands to meet your needs.

Rick

pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pete_auto » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Rick,

Thanks very much for the response. You've got mail.

Appreciate it.

Return to “MLGenericDevice”