Generic Device Licensing Question

A plugin that allows for end user development of multiple RS232 device control systems.
ccharmatz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Generic Device Licensing Question

Postby ccharmatz » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:05 am

Hello,

I have three of the same device I wanted to control via the generic serial. From the way it currently looks I would need to register three advanced devices as I have more than the basic number of commands.

Is this correct? Or is there a way to make this work as it is the same device just multiple units.

Charles.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am

If the devices are each on a unique comport, then yes, you would probably have to use three licenses. And, if they have more than 10 commands a piece, they would be Advanced licenses.

What is the device?

ccharmatz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ccharmatz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:17 am

Three Sharp LCD tv's. LC52D64U

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelL ... 20,00.html

Just kinda thought having to pay three times for the generic serial was a little excessive since it is the same device. If a plugin had been specifically written it would more than likely support more than one at a time such as mlyahama, cav66, or other ones.

Charles.

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:33 am

ccharmatz wrote:Three Sharp LCD tv's. LC52D64U

http://www.sharpusa.com/products/ModelL ... 20,00.html

Just kinda thought having to pay three times for the generic serial was a little excessive since it is the same device. If a plugin had been specifically written it would more than likely support more than one at a time such as mlyahama, cav66, or other ones.

Charles.
Charles, not that this helps with this plugin, but I am using the older free MLGenericSerial plugin to control my Sharp LC45GX6U LCD TV. I am not sure if the RS-232 codes are the same, but I would be happy to share them with you if you would like. Also, at some point, I will probably move this to the current plugin, so I'd be interested in looking at your setup if you don't mind sharing.

thanks,
Murray

ccharmatz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ccharmatz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:47 am

Just let me know happy to share device file.

cc-

Return to “MLGenericDevice”