Leading Character

A plugin that allows for end user development of multiple RS232 device control systems.
jstaab

Leading Character

Postby jstaab » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:35 am

Ok, have an interesting small problem. My Epson projector always sends a leading semicolon when it is ready, for the lack of a better explanation. I'm trying the route to watch our for :<<VAR>> to receive data from it, but it seems like over time, things still get out of sync due to the leading semicolon that is always there. Any thoughts on how to get around this?

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Do you have the command set for the device?

jstaab

Postby jstaab » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:57 am

Sorry, not sure what your asking for here. I was trying to set up a Device Response to query the projector, however, it seems like that the leading semicolon, oops, sorry, that should be a colon, throws things off after a while and they sort of stack up in the buffer. Sending commands is just fine. The problem is, the stupid colon is always there, when the projector is waiting for input. So, say for example, I just sent a Power Off command to it, and what was received back was "::::::::ERR". Ignore the ERR, its just because it was already turned off. So, for example, you'll see a colon, thus you can send a command. After sending the command, you once again receive a colon. If you query the projector, at the colon, you send your command, and you'll receive the data, carriage return, then a colon again. Below is an extract. Queries end with a question mark.

:SOURCE 21
:SOURCE?
SOURCE=21
:SOURCE 10
:SOURCE??
SOURCE=10
:MUTE ON
:MUTE OFF
:SOURCE 10
:SOURCE 21
:SOURCE?
SOURCE=21