trouble with Centertrim & Direct Balance commands

Forum to discuss the MLKrell plugins
alexzogh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby alexzogh » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:03 am

Alan,

I unplugged my HTS because I found a thread on AVSforum talking about Krell's bad serial port implementation, and all of the problems associated with it. One of the posters had a similar situation to yours (some commands working, others not), and solved it by unplugging his pre-amp overnight. While it wasn't the same problem I had, I figured it couldn't hurt, and Krell probably hasn't changed their serial board designs in 10 years.

The problem seems to be that every Krell will stop accepting commands except power-on when it's in power-off mode. Apparently, sometimes the logic gets mixed and may stop responding to commands even though the power is on.

You may want to give it a try - probably won't solve your problem, but it at least gives you one more thing to troubleshoot before someone can open back up the code to your plugin.

Alex
Alex D Zoghlin

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:15 am

Alex, my previous post wasn't meant as a criticism if you read it as such. I just know Dave is probably VERY busy, and I'm not sure how they go about tracking the forums, but I was afraid if too many posts dropped the original question to far up that maybe it would get lost. I only made the comment so that my problem would stay near the bottom post.

As far as removing the Krell from power, I appreciate the suggestion, but it was one of the first things I tried. There is definitely something funky with my plugin (or maybe my unit I dunno). The problem is very narrow, and persistent.

Thanks,

-Alan

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:33 am

I suspect that it was a portion of the plugin that was never tested by the original customer. Once we have the diagnostic data and can find the time to open the code, my guess is it will be straightforward. As you understand, there is LOTS going on with a lot of dependencys across products to jump in right now. We should have a "breather" coming up that might be the time to take a look at Krell.

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Just thought I'd bump this back up in hopes this issue could get resolved.

Thanks,

-Alan

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:21 am

At long last I've got all the other bugs worked out of my system from the switch over to Vista, and thought I'd try to reopen this topic since everything seems to be working, but this one little annoyance that is left over from my XP system. I'd love to get this resolved so my system would be running 100%. Surely 8 months is plenty of time to be patient. :wink:

-Alan

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:52 am

Alan,
Did the Vista driver issue resolve this for you?

we will need detailed logs and description of what's going on to narrow in.

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:42 am

Dave,

No, the Vista Drivers didn't resolve this issue. I actually had this issue back when I was running XP. I posed the original question while you were engrossed in getting DVDLobby 3.75 out so I think this just got swept under the rug. I haven't brought it back up since I've had all the trouble with my system, and now that it is working like it was when I was running XP, I thought I'd revisit the issue.

As far as logs go, what do you need? The logs I provided on the first page of this post are not enough? Let me know what you need and I'll provide it to you... provided I can figure out how to. ;)

-Alan

cabinetmaker

Postby cabinetmaker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Just let me know what you need in the Log if the information on the first page of this post isn't enough, and I'll be glad to get it to you.

-Alan

Return to “MLKrell”