Issue List...

Application to monitor and control PCs on the LAN
gstone
Expert
Expert

Issue List...

Postby gstone » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:59 pm

First let me say I am not picking just letting you know what I have found that does not seem to be working.

1. If MLWMI client is connected to the MLWMI Server plugin and the MLServer is shut down and restarted ... On the client end the clients say they are connected but in the Plugin on the server they are not. It takes sometimes upwards of 10 minutes for them to reconnect. As the plugin has no idea the client is still running this means you cannot send a command to up them.

2. Warning messages.... unless media center, Mainlobby, IE, Homeseer are running prior to the client starting then the path to the exe is not known. This stops from being able to start or end that process. The only one it seems to know the path of all the time is Outlook and MLServer.
It would be nice to just be able to enter the paths so they are always there.
Always ask! You can't stay dumb forever!

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Ditto

Postby rileydog » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:04 pm

On item #1 - I just bought the plugin and noted that when the server restarts, the clients never come back. I restarted my machine yesterday and unless I restart the clients, they don't show. Funny thing is that the clients say they are connected (green light).

gstone
Expert
Expert

Postby gstone » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:26 pm

I have the samething but for me the clients do actually show up after a time period of upto 10 minutes. Even though the Client shows a green light the whole time.

Do your clients show the path to warning programs even if the client is started first?

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:19 pm

I should be able to get back to WMI updates next week. Thanks for organizing the issues, I will try to get them addressed shortly.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:39 pm

I cannot find a way to get my MAC address to stay - I have 4 of the 5 OK - but my Theater room PC keeps loosing the MAC when I shutdown the PC. The only thing is I renamed this machine after I installed the client - maybe that is the reason. I restarted the machine and the server several times but no luck... Thanks.

gstone
Expert
Expert

Postby gstone » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:36 am

90CE..
Glas to here you can get back at it. This is an awsome plugin! Thanks!

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:43 pm

I added a reconnect timer. The client will try to reconnect after 2x the time shown on the timer. 2 to 20 minutes.

This is about as fast as you can reconnect without casuing a lot of false reconnects.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:46 pm

If you change the computer name, you need to go to the server plugin and delete the mac address shown for the old name. Then let the plugin run thru a complete warning cycle and it should automatically update.

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:21 pm

I have another Issue to add to the list, being able to WOL from outside the GUI - i.e. by sending the command from a ML client to the server or executing it directly on the server.

I have tried byname, byip... nothing seems to work, except thru the GUI of the plugin.

I know the setup is right since I can wake them via the GUI and other WOL programs. For now, I am just going to call an external program to do the WOL stuff.

Has anyone else had this issue or can anyone else confirm this is an issue?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

Return to “MLWMI”