Cannot connect to MLWMI Server

Application to monitor and control PCs on the LAN
catalyst

Cannot connect to MLWMI Server

Postby catalyst » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:01 am

Hi there, i am currently running MLSERVER ver 3.0.149 and i just downloaded the latest version of the MLWMI Plugin 3.0.50, i installed it & the client in the server and the installed only the client portion in my tablet. I cannot connect from my tablet, unless i turn off my windows xp sp2 firewall on my server. Even if i add the exception for port 1007 tcp, or udp, neither seems to work. However the local client can connect to the server no problem, but they are both on the same machine. When i try from my tablet, unless the firewall is off on the server i cannot connect. Do i have to open up any other ports other than the one listed by default in the client and server setup of 1007.Many Thanks in advance.

Rick.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:30 am

When you say cannot connect, what can't connect? the client to the server? Those ports are identified in the MLServer user's guide and MainLobby client user's guide (5004 typically - other ports for other connections like images / xmlobby / dvdlobby / musiclobby) Also, make sure your antivirus is opened up to these applications. With regards to the WMIClient, the port that is specified in that user's guide is what is necessary.

catalyst

Postby catalyst » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:00 pm

Only the MLWMI client cannot connect, the mlserver and mainlobby, along with all it's other plugins work fine. It is only the MLWMI plugin that does not connect, unless i turn off the firewall. Even if i have the port 1007 open on the windows firewall it still does not connect.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:56 pm

catalyst,
Obviously the firewall is the problem. Make sure that your antivirus is also permitting of mlwmiclient.exe and port 1007 to communicate. Make sure you are using port 1007.
Firewall on server has to be open to MLServer.exe and port 1007 as well.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Please identify which type of connectivity (UDP or TCP) you have opened up on your firewall.

catalyst

Postby catalyst » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:15 pm

I have tried both, tcp and udp.

Rick.

Return to “MLWMI”