Multiple instances of connection

Application to monitor and control PCs on the LAN
atalbert

Multiple instances of connection

Postby atalbert » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm trying MLWMI as a way to stop and restart ML on my wirelessly connected laptop in our bedroom. ML keeps disconnecting from the MLServer. This had worked without a problem for about a year but now the disconnect keeps happening.

My thought is to have MLServer run a macro stopping and then restarting ML when the connect status of the bedroom ML goes to zero (while I'm troubleshooting the main problem - which is probably network).

As I've been testing this these past few days I have seen multiple instances of that computer listed in the MLWMI connections (picture attached).

Is this a problem or can I just ignore it?

Thanks.

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tony Talbert

metus delenda est

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Have you tried to run the laptop ethernet connected to see if all works well then?

If so, work on your wireless coverage.
Not sure about the numerous connections, but that seems to be a symptom, not a cause of problem. If left unresolved, it can cause further issues (I suspect).

atalbert

Postby atalbert » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Hi,

No, I don't think that the multiple WMI connections are a cause of the problem. It was occuring before I installed the WMI plug in. I was just wondering as to the cause of the multiple connections being listed and whether that was a problem in itself.

I have tried moving the laptop to my study at the other end of the house where the Linksys router is located. It seems to work fine there -- at least for the 4 or 5 hours I've tested it.

My setup uses a Linksys WRT54G router at one end of the house and a WAP54G AP set up as a repeater in the middle. MBR and Study are at opposite ends of the house. Signal strength seems to be o.k. but I wonder if there are drop outs from the router to the repeater since I actually tried setting the repeater up right next to the laptop (in the bedroom) and still had the problem.

As I said previously, everything worked well for about a year. Last week Weatherlobby wouldn't restart and I thought that there might be a corrupt file so reloaded MLServer with the 190 beta and upgraded the ML to the latest 3.00.51. That's when the problem started. Going back to MLS 3.149 didn't solve the problem so I'm back with the 190 beta.

I'm getting so frustrated and have spent so much time on this that I'm about ready to have a internet cable run to the bedroom. I hate surrendering to an unsolved problem, however. I call that "perserverance", my wife calls it "stubbornness" :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

Tony
Tony Talbert

metus delenda est

Return to “MLWMI”