MLHAI Plugin

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

MLHAI Plugin

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:54 am

MLHAI plugin controls the HAI family of security panels.
http://www.cinemaronline.com/mlserver.mlhai.html
Post in this forum section your questions and comments.
Please keep this thread clean for update notices.
Subscribe to this thread to get an email when there is an update.
http://www.cinemaronline.com/software/p ... _Setup.exe

March 22, 2007
Plugin updated to 3.03.
You also have to update MLServer3 to latest released version 3.0.250.
Please post how this version works for you.

November 12, 2006
Updated documentation

November 5, 2006
Updated Plugin. v 3.0.2
Resolved MLServer shutdown error message.

October 26, 2006
Updated Plugin. v 3.1
As some have suggested, here is how the MLHAI Events variable will now look like:

MLHAI_Event_Zone 1_Status ON
MLHAI_Event_Zone 1_Status_LastUpdated Wed, Oct 26, 18:46:00

So, there will be only one variable for each type of event and the status
change timestamp will be updated in the
"MLHAI_Event_xxxx_Status_LastUpdated" variable
This should make things simple, and easy to build scenes and automation logic for.

Regarding polling delay, there is a default delay of 20 Seconds between each polling cycle which can be reduced up to 2 seconds so that the response to the status change will be updated in MLServer quickly.

October 19, 2006
Updated Plugin. v 3.0 (versioning starts with this build)

For MLHAI Event variables, is now set to a maximum of 100. If it exceeds 100, the old event variables will be overwritten with new event info. The current value of the MLHAI Event variables will be displayed with the time of the event so that the event variables will make more sense to the users.
Let us know if this is a feature that is useful.

October 10, 2006
Updated Plugin and html help file.

Made some changes in the MLServe commands. The UPB command
is split between the UPB Unit command and UPB Link command (based on the protocol).

We are able to test all commands except the following:

1. ALC Command(Advance Lighting control)
2. Energy Saver command(Programmable Energy Saver Module)

We need someone who has these components to try those commands.

We also have not been able to duplicate a crash condition. One thing is to make sure that the MLHAI logging is turned OFF. The log gets real big, real quick and can cause the plugin to crash. Disable the MLHAI logging to eliminate this as a possible crash cause. A couple of changes were put into place as possible solution to a reliability concern. Please report back if you have reliabiilty issues with Logging turned OFF.

October 6, 2006
Updated Plugin and html help file.
http://www.cinemaronline.com/software/p ... plugin.zip
Another extensive update - Thanx Raj!!

Added configuration for polling rates. Zones will always poll with each cycle. Thermostats, PLC devices, Aux temp devices can be set to poll every X cycles. This should reduce CPU usage, increase MLServer 3 performance overall, and allow for shorter (more timely) polling for important information. This was a beta user suggestion - good idea!

Fixed error message in MLServer 3 log on startup.
There may still be an MLServer 3 error message on MLServer3 shutdown. Will be addressed with next release. Please post if you see this error.

A lot of changes have been done for units (X10, PLC, ALC, UPB) since the last release. This issues may have been fixed. Please try again. This may also have resolved a Temp / X10 polling issue previously reported.

Temp unit F has been removed from the Temp values of the variables and temp unit has been set as a global variable.

Here are new possible variable names and values you will see with this release.
MLHAI_UNIT_001_DinningRoom_CurrentCondition OFF, MLHAI_UNIT_001_DinningRoom_CurrentCondition ON, MLHAI_UNIT_001_DinningRoom_CurrentCondition SCENE A (From A-L) MLHAI_UNIT_001_DinningRoom_CurrentCondition DIM 4 (1-9) MLHAI_UNIT_001_DinningRoom_CurrentCondition BRIGHTEN 4 (1-9) MLHAI_UNIT_001_DinningRoom_CurrentCondition LEVEL 40 (0-100)

The value "HOLD" and "NOT HOLD" changed to "Hold": ON and OFF
Last edited by DavidL on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

MLHAI Plugin updated

Postby DavidL » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:42 am

MLHAI Plugin update.
Details of changes in this release will follow. Too late to type :)

19rookie83

Postby 19rookie83 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:37 pm

Hey Smooth,

I am still having problems with this plugin telling me I'm not registered, and that it has expired. This is what is in the MLHAI plguin log:

Code: Select all

ERROR: Cannot execute command. Your registration has expired.

I am running the latest version you uploaded.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:22 pm

Did you purchase/ license / activate it?

19rookie83

Postby 19rookie83 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:48 pm

I have since purchased the plugin, but I downloaded the trial version and it expired as soon as it installed.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:01 pm

There is no difference between the trial and the production plugin. The license key and permenent activation is the only difference.

Did you get an email with the permenent license key? Did you add it? Did you send and Activation request? did you Activate it?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Update posted to the top post in this thread.

19rookie83

Postby 19rookie83 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:32 pm

I finally got around to trying to put my liscense key into the HAI plugin but when I click on registration from the plugin selection screen, it tells me that:

Registration is not supported on this plugin

It has been doing this since I downloaded it for trial, it also said it was expired since the moment I downloaded it to use it for the 30 day trial. I am not using the october 10th release, but the updated post on top didn't mention any changes to the liscensing portion of the plugin.

Please help!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:25 pm

Are you using MainLobby Server 3? You have to to run MLHAI.

mjunky

Postby mjunky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:22 pm

Good news and bad news....what ya want first????

Let's for the good news first....

Tstats and X10 polling coexists fine!!!

Bad news:

I have over 1200 events now as variables.......
last on being ...mlhai_event_1229_x-10 e7=On

This just doesn't look like a good thing! Is it supposed to do that. Seems like eventually something is gonna choke

Barry

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Ok, I like the good news, because we weren't able to test for that so Raj took an educated guess, which sounds like it paid off.

On the other, I assume there is a logic problem somewhere that I suspect with your post, won't be impossible to find. So, does it look like a variable is being created every time an event is being executed? Can you run a quick test and shutdown mlserver (to clear all variables) and then invoke an event and see if a variable is then created?

Thanx much.

We need someone to test Compose / ALC as we don't have the hardware to test these - anybody have HAI and Compose / ALC?

dr.frazier

Postby dr.frazier » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:09 pm

I have had hai plugin running now for two hours without a crash. Most stable by far than any of previous versions. Also have xmlobby,weatherlobby,dvd and a host of others.

I also get variables created for each hai event. 550 variables after two hours. I had noticed this in previous versions but had never been able to run for more than thirty minutes so I figured it would reset and keep the last 20 or so. If mlserver is restarted, all variables clear and start with 1 again.

Compose works very nicely. Variables accurately reported as scene a,b,c... Can also use plc command to set variables. One note. Must use capital letter to set scene. PLC~80~2~a does not work.

I also have alc on board. It is not accurately reported to the plugin. The alc commands do not have any effect on the equipment. All my alc units are on off and not dimmable. But when manually changed state, the alc variables are not updating.

Thanks

Randy

dr.frazier

Postby dr.frazier » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:11 pm

Also. Any one else reading this interested in developing a compose plugin through the plc comm card and mllighting plugin?

Randy

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:33 pm

Randy, not sure I understand your question but I'll give it a try:
You want to use the MLLighting Device Manager and have the ALC control unit listed as a Lighting controller? Will this still be controlled via the HAI security panel or can the ALC controller be controlled by two RS232 systems (HAI and PC based)?

So:

MLServer3 / MLLighting PC <> ALC RS232 <> HAI security panel

Right now it is:
ALC RS232 <> HAI security panel <> MLHAI plugin <> MLServer3

DaveP is redoing the Device Manager concept. When he is done, the MLHAI panel will appear in a MLLIghting device manager, a MLSecurity device manager, a MLIrrigation device manager, etc. as the HAI covers all of these capabilities.

Is this what you were asking?
Or are you asking for a custom plugin to control the ALC controller direct from the PC (not via MLHAI and the HAI panel) - like MLLIghting can control Insteon directly.
If this is your question, that is a lot of effort and it is unlikely that someone outside of Cinemar has the technical knowledge and ML internal knowledge to do that. If someone wants to give it a crack (a software developer), we would work with them to help cover some of the voids.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:37 pm

Back to Events:
What should be posted?
Let me take a crack:
when the Setup button is pushed, all named Events should create a MLHAI tracked variable.
Then, when the Event is executed - update the named variable with the time/ date stamp of execution?

And NOT create another variable?

Let us know.
Thanx for the feedback.

Return to “MLHAI”