HAI Driver V4 status issues

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
yzpmpgq

HAI Driver V4 status issues

Postby yzpmpgq » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 am

I never had luck getting HAI to communicate with the V4 driver (kept getting "Unknown Error") with the serial connection and the LAN connection kept getting constant timouts and communication errors. The panel is 7 years old, so I ordered an upgraded ROM chip. The LAN communication issues were still there (I have the same problem using PCAccess so it not the driver). The serial connection works fine and loaded everything. The only problem is all of the zone status's are blank. The log shows:

"Zones - Can't poll zone XX using V1 protocol at this time"

I saw your post that the serial connection had not been tested in the lab, but this and my Insteon thermostats are the last piece I need to get totally off of Homeseer. Could it be a setting issue, or does the driver need some tweaking? I sent you the login info a while back for you to test the ISY thermostat coonections, so you can feel free to play with this as well.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HAI Driver V4 status issues

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:46 am

What model panel is this? What firmware did it get upgraded to?

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:48 am

OmniPro II(3.11D)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:07 pm

I had a look on your system. For some reason your HAI controller is telling the driver that it can only communicate using HAI V1 protocol. With V1 protocol a lot of the driver commands are not supported because the HAI V1 protocol doesn't support them. Like polling for zone status through the HAI_Controller.dll. I do not know why the controller would not be talking V2 protocol. This is something that HAI tech support might have to be called about. I also ran the Sample HAI communication program that HAI supplies with their SDK and it too confirms the panel is only talking V1 protocol. So we're kinda dead until the panel starts talking V2.

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:02 pm

So here is my email and the response from HAI:

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:02 PM
To: HAI, Support-International
Subject: OmniPro II panel

I have an OmniPro II panel i purchased 8 years ago. I have been trying to get it to work with Mainlobby and it appears the panel only wants to communicate with the V1 protocol. I purchased the upgrade chip - OmniPro II(3.11D) but it still is trying to communicate with V1. What can i do to make it communicate with V2?

Their response:
From HAI Support-International

Sir,

We have no knowledge of how the integration of an LS&A automation controller to MainLobby is performed other than it is through an RS-232 port configured for Omni-Link. You may want to try contacting Cinemar about the integration, as we are not familiar with V1 versus V2.

International Support
Security & Automation

So... where do I go from here??

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Such a typical response from HAI.

Here is a snippet of code taken from the official HAI SDK

Code: Select all

If (HAC.Connection.ConnectionProtocol() == enuOmniLinkProtocol.V1)
{
       // Can't poll Zone using V1 protocol at this time.
{
Else
{
      HAC.Connection.Send(New clsOL2MsgRequestStatus(HAC.Connection, enuObjectType.Zone, i, i), HandleRequestZoneStatus)
}

For some reason your panel is telling the HAI supplied dll that it is talking the enuOmniLinkProtocol.V1 protocol. That's why our HAI driver is not polling the zone because the SDK says it cannot be done.

So in order to get to the bottom of this I will have to allocate some days to work on your system trying to decipher what your panel is really doing. Can you install their PC Access software on the MLServer PC?

yzpmpgq

Postby yzpmpgq » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:49 pm

Success!

According to HAI (US support, not international), the V1 is for serial and V2 is only supported through Ethernet. they gave me a long list of things to try like resetting the RAM, checking the IP, etc. but in troubleshooting I also tried different ports on my switch with no luck. There are 2 lights on the controller - 1 should stay on solid and the other blinks with activity. Both of mine blinked randomly. Out of curiosity, I ran a cable back to the router and bam! Solid light and a good connection. I don't know why none of the switch ports will hold a connection, but at least I now know what the problem is.

Of course, the HAI ML driver worked just fine.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Well that certainly is good news.

Return to “MLHAI”