NEW - MLHAI Plugin and Agent

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: NEW - MLHAI Plugin ALPHA test Agent

Postby ricks » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 pm

It's an HAI panel shipped directly from HAI. Both PC Access (see attached) and MLHAI agent (log snippet) see it as such.

11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM HandleConnectStatus CONNECTION STATUS: Connected
11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM IdentifiyController Identifying Controller...
11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM DoInitSequence Reading Setup Data
11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM DisplaySetupStatus Reading SetupData
11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM HandleIdentifyController CONTROLLER IS: Omni II (3.2B)
11/12/2009 12:57:27 PM DisplaySetupStatus Reading SetupData
11/12/2009 12:57:27 PM DisplaySetupStatus Reading SetupData (32)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Dave ;
My guess since mine is working;

CONTROLLER IS: Omni II (3.2B)

I am on 3.01. The may have done something with the next release that is not documented in the SDK. They are famous for that.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:06 pm

To me it seems as though the test program is probably using a panel-specific file for the OP II so when it tries to connect it's telling me the model (OMNI II) does not match the test file (OPII) and quits. If I remember correctly this program is included in the sdk for testing and afterall, who would be testing on an OMNI II and not an OPII or IIe. I think the test file is a dead end.

When I start MLHAI agent the variables are populated but never updated after that except the TStats. So one question would be, does the initial read of the panel access data from a different location in the panel or through a different process than the update process? Based on what little I see in the agent log it would appear so:

11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM DoInitSequence Reading Setup Data
11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM DisplaySetupStatus Reading SetupData
11/12/2009 12:57:26 PM HandleIdentifyController CONTROLLER IS: Omni II (3.2B)
11/12/2009 12:57:27 PM DisplaySetupStatus Reading SetupData

After completing the "DisplaySetupStatus Reading SetupData" then the agent seems to go to sleep. If there is a different process for updates that's failing to start then that would explain my problem.

The Tstats do update, one at a time, at 30 second intevals so it takes a full minute to update 3 tstats. I can see this in the agent log. Other than that, nothing else shows up in the log. I tapped the serial connection with a monitor which shows the same activity. Other than the tstats all I see is <NULL> characters.

So, based on the fact that serial works with DaveB's OPII and the fact that the agent will connect to my panel, there must be something different (setting?) about my panel that prevents variable updates. Or something in the agent that can't/won't read the OMNI II updates.

Another issue is the agent commands. Some work, some don't and some do the wrong thing. For example, there appears to be no command to set a tstat HSP to a specific number - only inc or dec by a designated amount. That has to be a mistake. But, if a do a thermostat increase by 3 from 60, it sets the tstat hsp to it's max value of 91 degrees.

I'll post on the CT forum but doubt that will result in any action since they'll say they are working with Cinemar on it. :(

Rick

Edit: This may seem obvious but PC Access communicates perfectly with my panel.

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:08 am

Hey Dave,

Can you check the agent code to see if it is using the panel model anywhere? Here's what I'm thinking:
1. PC Access has no problem communicating with my panel.
2. The old MLHAI agent had no problem communicating with my panel.
3. The HAI test program cannot communicate with my panel because of a model name issue. I'm assuming it's hardcoded with OMNI Pro II or IIe.
4. Unlike the old MLHAI agent, the new one does not have a setup option to select panel model.

Assuming the sdk is similar to the test program, is it possible the new agent is looking for an OPII or IIe?

Rick

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Ricks,

The sample HAI app uses panel name values that are embedded into their dll. I'm working on an update to the Agent that will hopefully get around this issue. If not it should give a little more insight into why their DLL does not like your panel.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW - MLHAI Plugin and Agent

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Version 3.75.2 of the MLHAI plugin and version 3.75.3621.22602 of the MLHAI agent has been released. These version cleans up some loose ends and should fix the heatsetpoint / coolsetpoint issues. Please download and test.

ricks

Postby ricks » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:04 pm

Dave,

Before I download and install, does this version address the issue I have as noted in the past few posts?

Thanks,
Rick

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:06 pm

Rick, let me remote into your system tomorrow and I'll install and test on your system. I doubt this is going to fix your issues because the HAI dll doesn't know about your panel.

ricks

Postby ricks » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Sure thing. Let me know an approximate time via PM. Has HAI responded to your requests at all?

Rick

Clever1

Postby Clever1 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:40 am

Version 3.75.2 of the MLHAI plugin and version 3.75.3621.22602 of the MLHAI agent downloaded and tested. Does not correct the heatsetpoint nor the coolsetpoint issue. When a call IncHeatSetPoint from the agent and attempt to increment by a factor of -1 the plugin attempts to set the temp to 97 degrees from 65.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:29 pm

I only modified the SetCoolSetpoint and HeatSetPoint commands. I didn't look at the Inc/Dec commands. I'll review them today.

mbrad79

Postby mbrad79 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Interesting; I could never get the new MLHAI Agent to work properly until tonight. The agent would always crash in the midst of uploading data from the controller. I assumed it was the program or that I'm not running the newest 3.2b firmware update (eeprom chip), but it wasn't. As soon as dumped my automation program from the controller, the MLHAI Agent worked great! Has not crashed. I had 700 lines of programming via PC Access competing with the ML Agent for processor time. So question.

If this is the reason why the Agent is crashing, am I to assume one can not run a large program on the controller while using the ML Agent? I have an older OPII that I've upgraded the eeprom chip to 3.0. I wonder if the processor is not able to handle the load as well as the new OPII's.

Mark

ricks

Postby ricks » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Excellent point. Unfortunately I only have a half dozen lines of code on my Omni II.

What's remarkable is that you say you have the latest MLHAI running on an Omni II? Mine does the initial downlaod of all the variables just fine. Won't handle any further variable updates.

Rick.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Version 3.75.3629.22404 of the agent is available for download. This version should fix the Inc Heat/Cool setpoint commands along with fixing the command builder syntax for the Hold command.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm

mbrad79 wrote:Interesting; I could never get the new MLHAI Agent to work properly until tonight. The agent would always crash in the midst of uploading data from the controller. I assumed it was the program or that I'm not running the newest 3.2b firmware update (eeprom chip), but it wasn't. As soon as dumped my automation program from the controller, the MLHAI Agent worked great! Has not crashed. I had 700 lines of programming via PC Access competing with the ML Agent for processor time. So question.

If this is the reason why the Agent is crashing, am I to assume one can not run a large program on the controller while using the ML Agent? I have an older OPII that I've upgraded the eeprom chip to 3.0. I wonder if the processor is not able to handle the load as well as the new OPII's.

Mark

I am on an older OPII with 3.0 and about 600 lines of code in the panel. The initial load of the panel points and parts into the agent took forever and appeared to be locked up for some time. I just let it churn along and after about an hour, everything was coordinated and working well. There are still some other issues with the agents control of the finer points of the panel, but no crash events or lost communication events.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLHAI”