MLHAI Questions

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
RHT

MLHAI Questions

Postby RHT » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:35 pm

OK, I am a total beginner with this product so sorry in advance.

I just downloaded the trial version of mainlobby with the mlhai plugin and installed it. The mlserver is running, mlclient is running, mlhai agent is running ok and is connected to an omni IIe panel via ethernet.I can see polling and data coming into the agent.

So I switch to mainlobby client interface and select security but I do not see any feedback, just the stock security stuff.

Am I correct in assuming that there are additional setups required to display the hai security, lighting and thermostats, and if so can someone give me a brief process as well as point me in the direction of the nessessary documentation to accomplish this?

Regards,

RHT

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:00 pm

Post a request to Dave P and Mario to get yourself signed up for the HAI beta that is ongoing. Download it and install it in place of what is available. It is light years ahead of where the published driver is. As for screens, yeas, you must build them yourself.

You can use the canned library 19 screens that are based around the ELK and simply change the commands and variables. That is actually a great way to learn about the product. You fist must get the hai driver configured and talking to the panel so that the variables exist.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

RHT

HAI Screens have to be built

Postby RHT » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:37 pm

OK, so you must build the screens...once you have a set of screens with programming built, can this set of screens be copied to other installations withouth the need to recode anything or have minimal recoding?

Could anyone provide any existing HAI screens they have already completed so I can see how it was done so I could tweak them without re-inventing the wheel?

Regards,

RHT

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:18 pm

There are HAI gui's available for security panel and thermostat. There is a cost for them however, you can order them online at Cinemar.

As far as other samples, what are you looking for? Its SO customizable the possibilities are literally endless.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:23 pm

Actually, the security and thermostat libraries do not actually contain any HAI programming (at least at this point). They were developed even before the HAI plugin.

There are sample scenes included in the latest version of MainLobby:
* Content\0019\1024x768\0019_security.keypad.hai.mls
* Content\0019\1024x768\0019_nav_security.hai.mls

And yes - once you've designed a scene the way you want, you can move it to another system without recoding.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:52 pm

mario, that was one of the bummers in buying the gui's, they didnt have programming built in.

Glad to see the new free samples. And with the new agent, programming is very easy - copy,paste.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:54 pm

Note that the keypads as Mario mentions above only work with the beta version of the HAI driver, not the published version, as the commands have changed.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:57 pm

The old version needs deleted and it should not even be able to be downloaded. The new one is the ONLY ONLY ONLY way to go.

Return to “MLHAI”