ARM and DISARM commands question

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

ARM and DISARM commands question

Postby DaveB » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:05 pm

So a question for the Daves;

In the WIKI, the ARM command takes the format of MLServeCmd.MLHAI|ARM~0~1 (this actually should disarm area 1) as per the WIKI. I also tried the same command in the format of MLServeCmd.MLHAI|ARM~0~1~1111.

When issued, I get hte following response; (note that I have tried this with actual user ID's with the same results. Also note that my installer code and PC Access codes are 1111 and my panel master code is not.)

ARM
Unable to validate the security code. Cannot execute DoArmCommand..

Is the command syntax wrong or is this due to all three codes not matching? I know that the WIKI is not correct.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

WadeL

Postby WadeL » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:58 am

Dave,
Take a look at this link: http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/foru ... hp?t=10992

It was a discussion that I also had a few months ago.

Hope it helps.

Wade

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:32 pm

Yea - the HAI panel can accept user ID's passed to the panel. The driver does not do that.

The driver in it's current form is severly limited in scope. I will be even worse once the next panel update is completed in HAI land. I would consider the current driver beta at best, as it never really got completed.

There has been talk of holding off until the new SDK becomes available from HAI, which should happen soon, but it is the same old story. Without enough interested customers, the driver gets pushed to the bottom of the list. The same old story is getting very old after nearly a year of hearing it.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

WadeL

Postby WadeL » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:26 pm

I hear you! MLHAI was my sole reason for buying into this family of applications. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a waste of effort or $$.

Wade

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Wade~ As a fellow investor in the MLHAI plug-in.............

I have a successful workaround via Krumpy's most excellent MLHSPlugin and Homeseer which offers a full-featured AND working/functional/responsive HAI setup. It responds, commands, and runs like a top!

Dear Cinemar:

The timestamp on my HAI plugin is nearly a year old....with no improvement. Alas, the integration I sought/bought continues to elude me.

Most of the past year you have at least mentioned development of a new HAI mod after some other function or another was addressed.

However, lately you've even stopped making promises to deliver something, anything, which leads me to believe you have dropped it entirely from your plans but just have not found the words to express it.

Look, I have a hefty amount of $ and time invested in ML. I'm not likely to just walk away. If the functionality isn't available, I am creative and will find ways to make my system work for me. But hear me out for a moment.....

I've always believed that the two core components of the automated home are the master contoller and the whole-house audio system. Everything else follows those two. Your business strategy appears to chase the add-ons, not the core. I believe that strategy leaves you limited and vulnerable....but I'm just an outsider looking in. However, I've learned the tough lesson that perception IS reality, regardless of how loud the protest.....

Others in this little industry may not be so patient. While your application is cool and special, it is not in the ranks of an HAI with respect to reach and scope. If you sold 1 out of every 10 HAI panels an interface......how much $$ would that be? Is it so far out of your field of vision? Or is your development based on what three guys in a garage think is cool?

Like I said, I'm not going anywhere. ML is the interface I will likely use til I die. It also looks like it's time to life cycle update my Homeseer server.

So enough of my soap box.....how about a straight answer, and maybe a promise with a date on it.....or, a straight answer.....

ChrisB

ricks

Postby ricks » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:33 pm

Well said. =D>

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:52 pm

Today, HAI advised that they released the new firmware and they will be sending us chips to test.

Once we get DVDLobby375 out to production, MLHAI has the concentration. No change in plan.

That's the update.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Great news! Please keep us informed on the progress. As Always, if you need assistance in the process, please advise.

ANd one more item, please do not think that three senior members are ganging up on you as we are not. We all have the same drive to make the overall system better as all three of us have large investments in both HAI and Cinemar. With some of the new feature set and products that HAI has to offer, it will get exciting. My new T'stat should be here shortly for testing.

(cborod and Ricks - the check is in the mail 8) )
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

cborod

Postby cborod » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:38 am

smoothtlk wrote:Today, HAI advised that they released the new firmware and they will be sending us chips to test.

Once we get DVDLobby375 out to production, MLHAI has the concentration. No change in plan.

That's the update.

Thanks Smooth, That is consistent with Cinemar responses of the past, like this one
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am working on the plugin right now. Now that the latest beta release of DVDLobby is out I am concentrating on updating the HAI plugin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An additional question. What are Cinemar's plans for backward compatability? HAI has stated that their new non-polling code is not chip dependent. Are you also workin from the new SDK?, old polling SDK?

As Dave said, we're committed to Cinemar and we are all ready to assist whenever you need.
ChrisB

"Round up the usual suspects."

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:07 am

I also saw that from HAI, but do not think that it is the case exactly. The newer panels that can be flashed make the new code non-chip dependent, but the older panels than need a new chip for each update are chip dependent. I also understand that this is not backward compatable in that once you move to a non-polling structure, the polling structure does not work.

Time will tell once we see the new SDK. I also hear that with the next chip update (.18 or somthing) that all panels may then be flashable.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:43 pm

When HAI is quiet a good place to check for HAI status on their new SDK is over at HomeSeer. According to emails I receive from HAI the new panel is shipping and PC Access 3.0 is due out sometime in April. According to HS, who have the initial released Omni-Link II protocol, the new SDK is months away. :cry: Check out http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=125574

I was told by Cinemar that the revised MLHAI plugin would continue to support the older panels. Is this still true? I hope so, there area a lot of them out there. So if the plan now is to wait until the new SDK is released then we have a bit of a wait yet.

My whole experience with MLHAI reminded me of something from a long time ago but I couldn't remember what it was. It dawned on me last night. Enjoy. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTSAFcLX ... re=related

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Ricks,
Great Scit.

The difference is that we will wake the dead.
Just need to get the energy from The Gods to do so.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Yes; I was talking to one of my HAI friends today who is well connected to HAI;

1. I stand corrected in my post above. As of the 2.16 EPROM, both the new and old protocols are supported.
2. PC Connect 3 will be available to Dealers after EHX next week.
3. The SDK is still 2 to 3 months out as I understand.
4. Both protocols can be used at the same time.

Item 3 is the concern. HAI is a very important part of my implementation. Is there any chance in you issuing an update to the existing driver, than a rewrite after things settle down with HAI?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “MLHAI”