Update on the Update

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed May 14, 2008 3:49 pm

Goodness, I see why I have not been around for while. STILL no release? Oh my. Glad its doesnt get used much or I would be as frustrated as the next man.

Anyhoot, I am planning on installing Cinemar in our model home/showroom. But its of little use to me if I can only use the music side of it and not the HAI. HAI is WAY more important than music and video. WAY more of a priority for us.

ps. My mlserver wont load today and hasnt been able to update from 3.0.416 for weeks if not months. I am pretty sure months. I havent bothered to figure out why because its just not mattering if it works or not.

When HAI is ready and works, I will showcase Cinemar in the showroom. Let us know when. Oh nevermind, its been asked before. For about a year now. Pretty frustrating (actually its not if it dont use it, LOL). Let roll boys, come on.

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Wed May 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Again smooth, your vision regarding HAI is what it is, and as you choose to ignore the largest installed, highest rated core HA product in the market, you will always see it as less important

Lack of HAI support = lack of HAI interest. Lack of HAI interest = lack of HAI support. You are caught in your own self perpetuating loop.

But you're not in the model home showing the package are you?

When I show the bells and whistles of an Omni controlled home, I'm opening a new world to these homebuyers. They are concerned with security...covered, energy...covered....lighting...covered. Those are their priorities...and I can deliver it all in a simple affordable package!

ML has wow potential....it raises the scale...makes a dream house a real dream come true.....but fact is, it's an add on....a rather expensive add-on when you get down to it. and if it can't even set the alarm, ....then what's the point. especially when for just a few bucks I can hand them a usb dongle that will. Those snap link screens are nothing compared to a 0026 library home page, but it does set the alarm, and set the lights, and lower the temp......
ChrisB

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed May 14, 2008 7:55 pm

ch, you are,,,,,,simply,,,,beautiful.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 pm

As mentioned, MLHAI continues to be worked on. No one has lost "sight" of the support of this hardware.

Once it's available, we at Cinemar are looking forward to promptly retiring as we will be rich from all the HAI users that just won't be able to help themselves but to purchase this plugin :)

Ok, back to work :)

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed May 14, 2008 8:15 pm

cborod wrote: Those snap link screens are nothing compared to a 0026 library home page, but it does set the alarm, and set the lights, and lower the temp......

And I might add, with the new HAI interest in larger touchscreens, and some of the prototype stuff I have seen with the open interface design about to be released, they will be nipping at your heals by the end of the summer.

The problem really is that the boys at HAI look at you as competition rather than a partner. I do not think you can fix that, and it is very unfortunate, as you and Mario had the chance two years prior.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed May 14, 2008 8:18 pm

smoothtlk wrote:As mentioned, MLHAI continues to be worked on. No one has lost "sight" of the support of this hardware.

Once it's available, we at Cinemar are looking forward to promptly retiring as we will be rich from all the HAI users that just won't be able to help themselves but to purchase this plugin :)

I just hope that you are still young and chipper when you get that chance to retire on this plugin. At this pace, you might be old and decrepid. :lol:

Could not resist.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed May 14, 2008 8:21 pm

ricks wrote:But shouldn't the fact that this plugin had been sold, not as beta but as production at full cost a year ago provide some ethical or moral weight to the priority scale? Or has ethical business mores gone out the window with Exxon, subprime mortgage lenders and health care companies? :wink:

Good point - so what is the return policy for software purchases at Cinimar?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed May 14, 2008 8:27 pm

DaveB wrote:
smoothtlk wrote:As mentioned, MLHAI continues to be worked on. No one has lost "sight" of the support of this hardware.

I just hope that you are still young and chipper when you get that chance to retire on this plugin. At this pace, you might be old and decrepid. :lol:

Could not resist.

Look, this topic that I started two months ago has generated nearly 2600 hits as of this post. That is more than many in your entire board. If that in its self is not inncentive to get moving with this thing, then what is?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “MLHAI”