MLLighting and HAI

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

MLLighting and HAI

Postby DaveB » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:43 pm

What are the chances of adding the HAI panel to the list of lighting controllers available in the controllers section of setup for MLLighting?

I control both whats left of my x10 and all of my UPB via HAI. I also have control of all lighting with ML/MLS through the HAI driver. I really do not want to move to controlling all lighting via my server, since my setup is so stable now. One burp and my server is down and I loose lighting control and light timing.

I know that the HAI driver is being worked over by DaveP, but thought is would be nice to have the features of MLLighting as well.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:18 pm

No, the HAI will be a standalone plugin that will more closely follow the MLInsteonPLM plugin with regards to lighting. MLHAI will be in the latest MLServer Family. It should use "Security" as the Family name. It should also subscribe to the "Lighting" Family (not MLLighting). We ultimately will be converting all plugins to the later format.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:09 am

So then really your are creating grouping called families for all drivers and all drivers will be assigned to a class and sub-class I am guessing. Each family member could also be assigned to another family as required.

Sounds great, and it also looks like my concerns are answered in that the HAI driver will allow features already in MLLighting, but specific to the HAI structure.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLHAI”