HAI Zone Status

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
TheCodeMan

HAI Zone Status

Postby TheCodeMan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:46 pm

I have a simple button that I want to indicate the status of a zone. I want the armed status to appear as red and the unarmed status to appear as green.

In the label field for the button, this is what I am using:

{{mlhai_event_zone 8_status}}

I'm not sure how to set my states. I set my on state to green and my off state to red. I'm not sure what to use for the Global OFF STATE value and the Local OFF STATE Value.

Any help would be most appreciated. I'm just not much of a programmer so states and variables are like a foreign language to me. I know if I can get one zone working like I want, adding the rest will be simple.

dr.frazier

Postby dr.frazier » Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:19 pm

What you have should work. The global and local off states are only for when you want the off state to be something other than 0 or OFF. (ie- not ready). The problem you may have is that the mlhai_event_ zoneX variables are only created when the variable it references changes state. Therefore, that variable will not exist on startup until that zone actually changes state. BY definition, since the variable is not OFF it will be seen in mainlobby as ON even if it does not exist.

The main variable is {{mlhai_zone_008_yournamefromhai_currentstatus}}and is created on system startup. This would be a better variable to reference unless you want the time it changed. The event variables are only created on a change of state and are useful as a timestamp for the last time the variable changed state.

Hope this helps. Also understand there will be a delay depending on your system from when the zone is triggered and recorded in mainlobby. This is due to the polling nature of the plugin. We are anxiously awaiting an update in the works we hope corrects this.

Randy

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:05 pm

I can't seem to get this to work. When I log from the Omni, here is an excerpt for the zone I am trying to set the icon for.

MLHAI_Zone_029_2nd Floor Glass_CurrentStatusMsg
Zone is a secured zone
Latched alarm status:zone is a secured zone
Armed

Based on the above, I have set my label for the icon to

{{MLHAI_Zone_029_2nd Floor Glass_CurrentStatus}}

Still the icon color does not change regardless of the status. What am I missing?

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:19 pm

Also, since the panel is being polled constantly for zone status, what command would I use in the label field so that the zone's current status would be constantly updated? Basically, I would like to see a color change when a zone's status changes.

dr.frazier

Postby dr.frazier » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Sorry. The panel does not create a variable {{.... _currentstatus}} but only currentstatusval or currentstatusmsg. The variable you want is
{{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_currentstatusval}} or
{{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_currentstatusmsg}}.

The panel is being polled every x seconds. Say it is 20 seconds. If the variable changes 5 seconds after a poll, then it will take 15 seconds until the change is recorded in mainlobby. It will automatically be changed without any effort on your part, there is just a delay. We are hoping in the new version a change in zone status will update mainlobby in real time.

How you incorporporate the above variables depends on your interpretation. A 0 for the first variable ( the zone is closed ) will be recognized as an off state in mainlobby. You would want to make your state color green for off and red for on. I would probably make - NOT READY - as my local off state value for the second variable and red color state. SECURED would then be interpreted as on and you could make that color state green.

It can be confusing but playing with those variables will give you some insight.

Randy

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:02 pm

I'm still having issues. Here is everything I've tried with a single zone.

The log for zone 29:

MLHAI_Zone_029_2nd Floor Glass_CurrentStatusMsg
Zone is a secured zone
Latched alarm status:zone is a secured zone
Armed

The Server Variables for this zone:

mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_armingstatusmsg=Armed
mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_armingstatusval=7
mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_currentstatusmsg=Secured
mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_currentstatusval=0
mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_latchedalarmstatusmsg=Secured
mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_latchedalarmstatusval=3

I set the label for the button to the following:
{{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_currentstatusval}}
My local off state value, I set to 0 and the color is green
My on or armed state is red.
Nothing, I can arm and disarm the system and the icon stays green. The icon color doesn't change.

I also played around with armingstatusmsg=Armed and currentstatusmsg=Secured. I put Disarmed and Not Ready in the local off state and the colors of the icon still would not change.

What I have done seems to be logical. I must be overlooking something simple. I'm guessing my syntax is off somewhere. Does case sensitivity matter? Any other suggestions I can try?

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:08 pm

I think you might want to try putting

{{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_armingstatusmsg}}

in your label. The options are Disarmed and Armed. Also, Bypass but that doesn't work with MLHAI as far as I can tell.

In your states, set the Off state to green with full alpha. Set your On state to Red with full alpha. In your Local Off State Value put Disarmed.

Make sure to check your variables in MLServer. All buttons default to the On state. In the event the returned variable is typed incorrectly or is wrong, it will default to On.

So I would suggest disarming the system, find the variable {{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_armingstatusmsg}} in MLServer Variables and then arm the system and confirm what it says in each state. Whatever it says in the disarmed state, use that as your Local Off State Value.

The key is to make sure the changes are occuring in MLServer Variables.

Rick

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:06 pm

That did it. Thanks a bunch for all the replies.

:D :D :D

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:17 am

Now to add a little more complexity. I have my icons indicating the armed and disarmed state correctly. What would be involved in having a third variable indicate a change in status? For example, if one of my windows is opened, I would like to color of the icon to change to blue. Is this possible?

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 am

Since states are limited to two conditions, you will need a second button. For example,

You could use one button to show secured/not ready status of the window or door. Just like above, set the not ready status to yellow and the secured status to green. If the window is open, you get yellow: warning. If the window is closed you get green: ready to arm. For this, use

{{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_currentstatusmsg}}

Then add another button exactly the same as the first with the exact same states settings as you've done in the previous post using {{mlhai_zone_029_2nd floor glass_armingstatusmsg}}.

This time set the unarmed state to an alpha of 0, or invisible.

Now place the second button right over the first button. Use the X position and Y position to line them up exactly. Use Z-Order to make sure the second button is on top of the first.

Since you can't arm the system if a perimeter zone is open (except "bypass" which doesn't work through ML) then your armed/disarmed button will be invisible showing you the status of the zone, either yellow or green. When the system is armed the red button will show, covering the green button below.

Make sense?

Rick

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:25 am

Yep, can't wait to get home and try it!

TheCodeMan

Postby TheCodeMan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:27 am

How do you handle smoke detectors, just curious? What would you suggest for Alarm states? For example, when the alarm is triggered, how would you indicate it using the icons? Once I get the security part out of the way, I'll be taking a look at adding my Omnistats. Any suggestions there?

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:43 am

A few warnings here. Whenever dealing with Fire/Life Safety stuff make sure you are confident in what you're doing and follow all local and national codes. Its also a good idea to have your local fire department check out your installation. My experience has been that they are always happy to do it. Also, keep in mind that MLHAI is so far from being ready that I would strongly suggest not relying on it for any critical notification duties. Dave is working to bring it up to Cinemar standards but I think that may be some time away.

With that said... The HAI panel is extremely powerful and reliable. I use it for smokes, heat, CO, natural gas and water detection and response. I use smokes with a built in sounder as well as reporting capability to the panel. I always use the GE Security 541NCSXTE 4-wire with a polarity reversing relay. The panel is protected by battery and UPS. Never trust your safety to an automation system alone is the message.

When the smokes activate, the sounders scream and the automation system reports where the problem is via voice and touch screens. It also kills the HVAC system (if forced air system) and turns on all of the lights for easier exit. Being advised of where the problem is may make your decision for an exit path easier. If you use a floorplan layout in ML, automation rules can change to that scene and highlight the room where the smoke has been activated. As always, getting out of the house is your first priority, not stopping to read a touch screen :wink: That's why a voice announcement is helpful.

As for Omnistats, great t-stat but not sure I would trust MLHAI with your HVAC sytem yet. Depending on where you live, you don't want your pipes to freeze while your on the beach in Cancun enjoying a well-deserved vacation. Hopefully Dave will have significant advancements to the plugin before the cold sets in!!!

Depending on what you use for a floor plan or a button, the process would be the same. When the smoke is stable, use green or transparent. When the smoke is activated, use red. Since I don't use MLHAI to monitor my smokes I don't know what the actual variables would be. But I think the bottom line is not so much what ML and HAI can do touch screen-wise, but what they can do to facilitate your safety. Just my 2 cents :D

Go Dave!

Rick

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:44 pm

Rick;
Ok with all the above that you metioned, I would disagre that the existing driver is not stable. I have been using it for a year with no issues in not only my home but that of my customers. Yes, HAI keypads and notification devices are in place, but still, the panel and communication methods with Cinemar are working hreat.
There are issues with being linited to the serial interface, which I have always taken issue with (half baked drivers really make me upset), but all in al, the driver works. would I trust it for a critical operaton - no way, as I do not trust anythong that runs on a PC for critical operatons. WOuld I trust it to show correct informaton on my screens, YES.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:51 am

Hi Dave,

Glad to hear you're having excellent results with MLHAI with your customers. I will re-check my version (running 3.0.3) against a possible newer one. Maybe I'm not running the latest.

Personally not concerned about the ethernet connection as I happen to feel that serial is more secure and stable, one less link in the chain. But that's just my personal preference.

The issues I see are intermittent login problems, exposed pass-codes, reliance on the default installer pass-code, status update latency, missing system variables, incomplete t-stat control and bypass/restore commands not working.

Maybe its the version I've tested. I'll double-check that. Really would love to get this working!!!

Thanks,
Rick

Return to “MLHAI”