What am I missing?

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
atlreguy

What am I missing?

Postby atlreguy » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:42 pm

I finally have my HAI Omni Pro talking to MLServer. Where are the commands that I put into the security scenes so I can mimic what I see/control on my keypads?

Thanks!

bjdraw

Postby bjdraw » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:07 am

I've never used that plug-in before, but i would start here.
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... HAI_Plugin
Ben Drawbaugh
How good can it be, if it isn't HD?

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:34 am

I recently purchased the MLHAI plugin and had the HAI console graphic. One would assume that for $145 they would be integrated but they are not. You need to add your own commands to the buttons on the graphic. Not a big problem... if the plugin provided those functions.

As for the plugin, there seems to be a few key things missing. There's no provision for sending a code to the panel to arm/disarm. You need to create a macro to set a variable (code) in MLS and then use MLConditional to validate the variable (code). Once you've entered the code into the variable you can use the away, night, day and off buttons to run the MLConditional macro. Down side is that the sequence of button pushes is reversed. On the console you would hit <off><1><2><3><4>. On your graphic you need to hit <1><2><3><4><off> where off fires the MLConditional. There may be easier ways but none that I found to validate the code entered.

Also, the plugin does not create vaiables for most of the system values (only battery level and area status). Therefore, getting the ML graphic to display the same thing as the console window is impossible. Funny since the picture of the graphic on the web page says "SYSTEM OK" but you can't get that through an MLS variable. This also limits MLS from acting on any HAI system events other than zone status.

If you're used to using the functions keys on the HAI console (located under the numbers, like "setup", "control", etc), you can't use them through ML to do the same things. I no longer use the HAI console graphic since most of the functions of the console can't be used in ML.

Lastly, I can't get Zone Bypass and Zone Restore to work. The commands are unclear and don't seem to work. Haven't tried any of the lighting functions since the polling requirement of HAI makes response slower than other Cinemar options for lighting.

Bottom line, great plugin and essential plugin but leaves out some very important functionality. I sure hope Cinemar continues to develop this plugin and adds enhancements like HAI system variables, ability to enter security codes directly, access to some HAI event log items and better use of the function keys. Who knows, maybe I just can't find these features but response to questions on the forum have been slow or non-existant so I suspect there won't be a lot of enhancements in the near future.

Rick

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:44 pm

Rick, did you get an update on your comments? I will be diong the same thing this month. However, if your concerns are accurate, I may not buy the plug in for hai if it doesnt do what the pictures make me believe it does.

I bet their is a way to do it. I also assumed there would be no programming or very little. I hope you get updated with favorable results. when you do, i will buy.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:13 pm

The Security library are graphics. They are not programming. They can be used with many different security systems, each with it's own commands, variables and capabilities.

The "programming" of the MLHAI is relatively trivial compared to comparable applications.

You should always expect some "programming". If you didn't, then you have expectations that won't be met with any product that does these kinds of things.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Smooth is 100%. The graphics are just graphics and are very good graphics. Looks exactly like HAI consoles and thermostats. I think the graphics came out about 2 years before the MLHAI plugin. The programming to get it to execute is pretty simple although not very secure.

I commented on this in another recent post about panel codes in MLHAI. I'm no expert on the best way to program MLHAI but I would never use ML to control an HAI panel in a customer job - no security with panel codes. Hopefully this can be fixed in a later release of MLHAI.

If you're looking for an exact look-alike graphic for HAI, get the graphics package. You won't be disappointed. The programming is simple, just not secure.

Rick

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:24 pm

thanks smooth.

rick, if i understand you right, your saying its a good tool but dont use it to arm disarm? if thats the case that is no big deal as there can be keypads by every door.

I would like to use ml to control other things in hai like lighting, etc. i dont think secure is an issue there.

are we on the same page rick? thanks

ricks wrote:Smooth is 100%. The graphics are just graphics and are very good graphics. Looks exactly like HAI consoles and thermostats. I think the graphics came out about 2 years before the MLHAI plugin. The programming to get it to execute is pretty simple although not very secure.

I commented on this in another recent post about panel codes in MLHAI. I'm no expert on the best way to program MLHAI but I would never use ML to control an HAI panel in a customer job - no security with panel codes. Hopefully this can be fixed in a later release of MLHAI.

If you're looking for an exact look-alike graphic for HAI, get the graphics package. You won't be disappointed. The programming is simple, just not secure.

Rick

ricks

Postby ricks » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:33 pm

It should easily do "everything" you need including arm/disarm, etc. The programming is pretty simple to mimick everything the HAI console does. With a little work you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the HAI console and the same deployment through ML.

I just don't think its secure enough yet for a customer install until the panel codes can be hidden.

Rick

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:38 pm

thanks rick. i will keep it added to my list if items to buy next week. i am ready to move from the trial to full blown. not that i knwo what i am doing yet with ML, lol. HUGE learning curve for me, but i will figure it out eventually.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:59 am

ricks wrote:As for the plugin, there seems to be a few key things missing. There's no provision for sending a code to the panel to arm/disarm. You need to create a macro to set a variable (code) in MLS and then use MLConditional to validate the variable (code). Once you've entered the code into the variable you can use the away, night, day and off buttons to run the MLConditional macro. Down side is that the sequence of button pushes is reversed. On the console you would hit <off><1><2><3><4>. On your graphic you need to hit <1><2><3><4><off> where off fires the MLConditional. There may be easier ways but none that I found to validate the code entered.

Also, the plugin does not create vaiables for most of the system values (only battery level and area status). Therefore, getting the ML graphic to display the same thing as the console window is impossible. Funny since the picture of the graphic on the web page says "SYSTEM OK" but you can't get that through an MLS variable. This also limits MLS from acting on any HAI system events other than zone status.

Rick

David P;
Are any of the above being addressed in the updates to the driver? The three big ones for me are the following;
1. Command prior to the code - I do not want to hard code the used ID into the variable in Cinemar and I want to enter the command prior to the code just like on the HAI keypad. The panel has the ability to accept used ID's with the command string so that you can replicate the HAI keypad actions with a remote interface, so this is not an HAI limitation.
2. Add system variables - I know that they are all available on the interface. At minimum, please add the status variable. As it stands now, I have some very complex code in ML to figure out if all zones are clear and the panel is ready to arm. It seems as this should be a root basic requirement of this driver.
3. IP Connectivity - I still do not understand this one, but in any case, it is still on the list.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “MLHAI”