Plug-in Programming Question

Plugin for the HAI family of security panels
pete_auto
Intermediate
Intermediate

Plug-in Programming Question

Postby pete_auto » Thu May 10, 2007 10:55 pm

I searched but could not find the answer to this question (I apologize if this seems simple - but I could not figure it out)...

I am using the HAI keypad from Gui Graphics. I went through the MLHAI manual. It explains the syntax for programming - such as setting alarm to Day, Night, Off modes etc. However, once I press the - say "Off" button, I need to now press the security code. Say for example the security code is 1234. I did not see any command in the manual that I can use to program the button "1" to execute the command "1" on the keypad. How would I do that?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:53 pm

I am getting the impression this part of the forum is on the back burner, LOL.

I hope it gets revived as I am preparing to buy all the neccessary compentents of ML to make my hai (on-q) system work.

WadeL

Postby WadeL » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:51 pm

Your're not missing anything. The ELK1 plugin does have this concept of user input:

Level = (0=Disarm, 1=Away, 2=Stay, 3=Stay Instant, 4=Night, 5=Night Instant, 6=Vacation, 7=Step to Next Away Mode, 8=Step to Next Stay Mode)

Area = (1..8)

UserPIN = User’s Security Code

Example

MLServeCmd.MLELKM1|Arm~1~2~1234

However the MLHAI does not. It would seem that, when it comes to security plugin, that security be a requirement? Maybe not. Maybe the interface is too complicated to emulate the hard keypads.

My question becomes, how do you program around this to facilitate user code input. hardcoding a lookup table is not an option. I believe that an accurate accounting on the alarm system must be maintained. Is there any chance that this feature will make it into the MLHAI plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Wade

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:20 pm

The only way I've been able to handle the HAI now is to set variables and run MLConditionals. Extremely non-secure.

What I believe needs to happen is that the plugin accepts the input and validates directly against the panel. No where should there be a variable in the MLS database or a command in the log that shows either the valid codes or input code. Even if the ELK requires the input code in the command it doesn't fly becuase it will remain in the logs.

This issue has been brought up with Dave and hopefully he can get the plugin to communicate directly with the panel without any codes being displayed anywhere in MLS.

Rick

WadeL

Postby WadeL » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:18 pm

I talked to Mario on the phone today regarding this and his suggestion was to post here as Dave is in the midddle of doing updates. Dave, where does this stand? It seems as though there are others equally concerned when it comes to security.

Also, is the master code stored in the ini file in plain text? If so, I beleive that should be encoded to keep the honest people honest.

Thanks

Wade

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:34 pm

Dave is working on several tasks at once and HAI is one of those tasks. DVDLobby375 created Hidden variables in MLServer3 that is one possible approach. Not viewable, but usable for operations.

cborod

Postby cborod » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:06 pm

a slght "technical" correction. The code stored in plain text is the pcaccess code which can be different from the master code. Unfortunately, by HAI design it has the same level of control as the master code so it is equally dangerous and bad to be stored as clear text.

That is, however, the least of my concerns about the HAI plugin as its present state is very challenged.

I know we're all anxious for a refresh, but frankly I'll be patient to get a quality product rather than a rushed band-aid. Dave...hang in there, do your normal g-r-e-a-t effort, and then we'll all be happy.
ChrisB

Return to “MLHAI”