WOW, just discovered MLSpeak. VERY cool.

MLSpeak is a text to voice addon for MLServer 3
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

WOW, just discovered MLSpeak. VERY cool.

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:36 am

Silly me, I downloaded all the trials before I even knew what I was doing. Took me a while to get a grip on ml but comfortable now (accept hai plug in quirks). So looking at other items to learn and buy. I should have waited on all the plugin downloads as they are expiring and I havent even looked at them, LOL. So , lesson to newbies, ONE AT A TIME!

Got a notice my mlspeak was about to expire so I figured I better check it out. Couldnt find a manual, no instructions. do they exist? Anyhoot, checked a couple threads and BAMM, took five seconds to get it to work. VERY cool. Tickled pink, still laughing. Will be buying that plugin for sure!

Questions:

I notice in some of the threads there are other voices available. How do I install those? Where are those downloads?

Is there a manual where I can learn more about mlspeak? I searched the ml and mls manuals, no mention. couldnt find an mlspeak download either other than the actual plugin. While its pretty simple I am sure there are other things I dont know. Like looking under set up in the plugin? Info somewhere?

Is there a way to slow down the voice? Its pretty fast. I tried spaces and commas. maybe a way to insert pauses?

Anyhoot, VERY cool tool. Cant wait to automate

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:43 am

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:07 am

thanks dave!

Got to love it when plugins are THAT easy. Thats all the docs needed as far as I can tell to date.

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:09 am

For folks with multiple SAPI5 voices, will there be work done to allow selection of voices, ie. MLServeCmd.MLSpeak|Crystal~text to speak

To make this really usable, a speed control would be nice as well. MLServeCmd.MLSpeak|Crystal~text to speak~###

Just a thought.

Rick

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:11 am

Request added to the Wiki.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:14 am

rick, where did you get the other voices? thanks.

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:34 am

You can get them plenty of places on the web but I got them through this web site when I was working on another project.

http://www.nextup.com/

I went with ATT Natural Voices but all of them may be about the same.

Have fun!!!

Rick

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Thanks rick. Nice stuff.

Anyone, do I have to buy the text aloud software also? Or can I just purchase the voices? I assume mlspeak has the neccessary engine to make any sapi voices work, thus I only need to buy voices. Is that correct? If so, I also assume that if i do not purchase additional software, any voices I buy will only work with mlspeak and NOT speak my other progams such as my email and word?

ricks

Postby ricks » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:59 pm

Don't have to buy any other software, just the voices. Do a search on the web for AT&T Natural Voices or any of the other voices. I'm sure you can get them in many places. And as long as your application uses voices, it should work for it.

I use them for Homeseer since Homeseer allows you to select voices in set up as well as through scripts. Funny to hear Audrey, Mike, Crystal and Charles debate the pros and cons of New England's choice to pick up Randy Moss.

Scripting also allows you to set speed or tempo, add pauses, add word emphasis, etc. Handy features but not practical for most automation uses.

If Cinemar could get MLSpeak to offer voice selection and tempo it would be a winner.

Rick

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:53 pm

Thanks AGAIN rick. MUCHO APPRECIATED!

Good, thats what I thought. I only need the voices and not the text to speach software (for ml to work).

Yup, I listened to many voices friday. I like a few of them. For now, i think the basic mike and crystal will work (the plain MS free one does suck, lol)

Return to “MLSpeak”