Poor Sound Quality / Feature Request?

MLSpeak is a text to voice addon for MLServer 3
jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Poor Sound Quality / Feature Request?

Postby jeffdoo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:37 pm

I cannot find any options to adjust the volume/speed of the text-to-speech commands (preferably as a whole).

As I continue the switch everything to a Cinemar/ISY solution our whole house audio is extremely important but the speech generated by the plugin is too fast, loud, and full of static. I am using the same voices (Paul/Mary I think) as the prior product which sounded great so I can only think the problem resides in the plugin and most likely the output volume? If this is indeed the case is it a feature that could be added, to lower the volume to hopefully reduce the static? Also, while I am asking, could the speed be made adjustable as I would personally like it just a little bit slower.

Thanks!

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Poor Sound Quality / Feature Request?

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:05 pm

The plugin should be inheriting the settings for speech from the control panel. You should be able to adjust it's speed there. The AVAgent also knows how to speak and you could try that. AV|<<id>>~Speak~Is there anybody out there

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Poor Sound Quality / Feature Request?

Postby jeffdoo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57 am

CinemarDave wrote:The plugin should be inheriting the settings for speech from the control panel. You should be able to adjust it's speed there. The AVAgent also knows how to speak and you could try that. AV|<<id>>~Speak~Is there anybody out there

Will attempt to use the AVAgent instead.

Thanks!

- Jeff

Return to “MLSpeak”