landline phone integration

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

landline phone integration

Postby chuck99z28 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:01 am

So, the last thing on Homeseer is a Way2call unit.

I'd like to get callerID and call announcement so I can turn off all the ringers and let ML tell me there is a call coming in. Bonus points for accessing voicemail.

Are there any recommended solutions? I don't mind switching out hardware. Prefer IP connected hardware so I don't have to connect USB to the MLServer.

Chuck

tmcgowan

Re: landline phone integration

Postby tmcgowan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 am

chuck99z28 wrote:So, the last thing on Homeseer is a Way2call unit.

I'd like to get callerID and call announcement so I can turn off all the ringers and let ML tell me there is a call coming in. Bonus points for accessing voicemail.

Are there any recommended solutions? I don't mind switching out hardware. Prefer IP connected hardware so I don't have to connect USB to the MLServer.

Chuck

Chuck,

I also have been using the Way-2-Call modem for our HomeSeer setup. It was great for being able to use it to silence incoming rings when we wanted some peace and quite around the house as well as being able to use HomeSeer's voice commands. However, instead of trying to figure out how I could use it to serve two masters, I spent $50 on the US Robotics 5637 USB Modem. It works seamlessly with ML and I have rules set up to announce the caller ID information when someone calls or in the case of when the garage door closes, who the last caller was.

Hope this helps!

-Todd

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 am

Todd,
Thanks. I'm curious what it has to do with the garage door.?

tmcgowan

Postby tmcgowan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 pm

chuck99z28 wrote:Todd,
Thanks. I'm curious what it has to do with the garage door.?

I have a sensor on each of our garage doors to determine their open or closed state; so that after 1 minute of receiving a closed signal, ML speaks the last person who called and at what time over the house's speaker system. Just a little reminder to check vmx if we were out.

Best regards,

Todd

Return to “Phone Support”