MLCaller ID/MLSpeak - How to?

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

MLCaller ID/MLSpeak - How to?

Postby jeffdoo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 pm

I found an answering machine solution which uses my existing Way2Call hardware but in the process I lost my ability to announce callers over the whole house audio. I picked up a USRobotics USB based modem just for the purpose of caller ID, and it appears to work perfectly (shows up as COM9) and MLCallerID has no problems.

So now the new question, what is the proper way to announce a caller? Within MLCaller I have the following "MLServer Command Trigger":

Code: Select all

macro|
MusicLobby|Mute~3!
AV|1~Page~On!
MLSpeak|Attention, you have an incoming call from <<NAME>>!
AV|1~Page~Off!
MusicLobby|Mute~3

This seemed to work okay except for a couple issues:

• What is the ML command to "sleep"? I need it to pause for 1 second before speaking so the GrandConcerto has time to flip the whole house audio for paging
  • The "<<NAME>>" keeps repeating the same alias previously used. For example, my testing last night I have my cell phone listed and a custom alias ("Daddy") but the last three calls so far today were 800 numbers which do not have an alias, but the above script still read "Daddy".
  • What is the best way to perform this announcement? I would like it to do alias first, then the name provided by the Caller ID, and finally fallback to the phone number if needed.

Thanks!

- Jeff

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLCaller ID/MLSpeak - How to?

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

What is the ML command to "sleep"? I need it to pause for 1 second before speaking so the GrandConcerto has time to flip the whole house audio for paging

Pause|1

The "<<NAME>>" keeps repeating the same alias previously used. For example, my testing last night I have my cell phone listed and a custom alias ("Daddy") but the last three calls so far today were 800 numbers which do not have an alias, but the above script still read "Daddy".

Not all of the previous calls data was being cleared. I just updated the CallerID app to fix that.

What is the best way to perform this announcement? I would like it to do alias first, then the name provided by the Caller ID, and finally fallback to the phone number if needed.

Maybe try a conditional?.

Conditional|IsEqual##{{callerid_lastcall_name}}####MLSpeak|Attention, you have an incoming call from <<CALLID>>##
MLSpeak|Attention, you have an incoming call from <<NAME>>!

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:39 pm

Dave,

The updated plugin is in place and I'll let you know if the problems is resolved here. Thanks for the quick response!

- Jeff

jeffdoo
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffdoo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:29 pm

Dave,

Well, it's not working exactly right because the name presented on the caller ID is not being recorded or spoken for that matter. Prior to your fix the "<<NAME>>" would just keep repeating the last aliases if a new aliases was not found, but I would have the correct caller ID name. Since I dropped in the fixed code (and then left for a business trip) the family is complaining the name is only announced if it is an alias. Also checking the variables for the caller ID name they too are now blank in the Caller ID history, previously I would have observed; "TOLL FREE CALLE" or something.

So it is not exactly 100% yet....

- Jeff

Return to “Phone Support”