CallerID not pulling Aliases

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
bpet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Contact:

CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby bpet » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

I just upgraded to MLServer4, Mainlobby4 and installed CallerID and MLNetCallerID. I imported my Aliases and changed the variable names in my scenes, but it does not seem that the telephone company callerID information is getting replaced with my Alias information.

I'm running CallerID 4.0.4688.19908
Event log shows:
DoCommand - RCVD: SendCid~WIRELESS CALLER~561-584-1585 from Server
my Alias shows:
5615841585 Joe Schmo Image 5615841585.jpg
Call Log shows:
ID Viewed Date Line Name Number
16 unchecked 2/15/2013 7:39:04 PM 1 WIRELESS CALLER 561-584-1585

In the Settings Tab:
Line #1: Set to "Not in Use" and the "using NetCallerID" box is checked
In the formatting section, Numbers is: ###-###-#### (does this matter?)

The MLNetCallerID Plug-In(3.99.4) Event Log shows:
Incoming data on Comm port #3
----> Received on line 0 : Date02151938...NMBR5615841585...NAMEWIRELESSCALLER
(lots of 2 digit numbers on this line)
CID Name = WIRELESS CALLER
CID Number = 561-584-1585

Anyone know why my Aliases are not working?

Thanks in advance for any help on this. I have spent hours on this and I'm sure its just some simple thing that I'm missing :(

User avatar
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 am

Do not use the legacy MLNetCallerID plugin when you are using the V4 CallerID app. Delete the MLNetCallerID plugin in the plugins folder. Then set the line #1 comm port to the serial port that the NetCallerID is connected to. Make sure you have "Using NetCallerID" checked off and than make sure that "Ingore NAME response" is unchecked. It should then work.

bpet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby bpet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks Dave, I just tried that...but it seems that now my calls are not getting logged?

When I call comes in, I get two events:

Line #1 - ###DATE2161502...NMBR5618859562...NAMEWIRELSS CALLER+++
LogNewCall - Error at LogNewCall at line #695 - Incorrect syntax near 's'.

I tried deleting the CallerID.dll and CallerID.pdb from the Apps folder and then re-installing the CallerID app, but that did not help?

Thanks again for helping me get this fixed...

bpet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby bpet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 pm

To further muddy the waters. I just received a call from a friend from their cell(which I do not have in my Aliases) and their call was logged.

Event Log showed same info on the first line as my call from my cell that I have been using to test the system. But, their second and third lines are as follows:

DoCommand - RCVD: LastCaller from Server
DoCommand - RCVD: LastCaller from LivingRoom


I just tried calling again from my cell, which is listed as an Alias, and I get the same errors as in my previous post?

bpet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby bpet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:22 pm

If I have an Alias listed, do I have to enter a MlServer commands in the "Command" column of the Alias to get the it into the Log? Since the call that came in from someone who is not in my Alias list worked, I'm thinking this problem has something to do with my Alias list?

(Also, when I removed the two files from the Apps folder for the CallerID plugin, and re-installed, I noticed that when I restarted MLServer, my Aliases were all ready in the CallerID app - I did not have to import them again - which is strange?

Thanks,
Brett

User avatar
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10535
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:56 am
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Re: CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:00 pm

The version of CallerID I just released should resolve the line #695 issue. I suspect some bit of the caller information has an apostrophe in it. That would have caused that message.

bpet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:35 pm
Contact:

Re: CallerID not pulling Aliases

Postby bpet » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Your Awesome! That new update fixed the issue..


Return to “Phone Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest