Net CallerID Alternative

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Net CallerID Alternative

Postby jpimentel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:23 am

Hi All,

Well, those of us who stocked up are sure to be running out of NetCallerID units by now. Such is the case for me.

I found this unit http://www.callerid.com/?page=guide&src=identafone for a lot more money than the old NetCallerID units, but hey they are in production and you can actually buy one...

So, what are the chances of getting a new plugin for this device? the POS device (that's Point of Sale not the other explicative) seems to be the most cost effective.

While you are at it, the Main Caller ID plugin could use s few improvements, one of which is the ability to easily add/create an alias from the call log.
Regards,

John

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

John,

We still have units in stock if you need them. We will need to prepare though for the day these units are gone. Anyone who needs one or even a spare might want to order before they are gone.

http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/mlserve ... llerid.php

I know there were some internal cards we had looked at in the past. It's probably a good time to hear from others too that may have other suggestions for a replacement as well.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 pm

at one time i pondered whether you guys could read the output from my Panasonic kxta624....provides both inbound caller id and outbound call log. ASCII output....should be a snap for you programming guys
ChrisB

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

NetCallerID Alternative

Postby Funboy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:22 pm

Mario,

The Whozz Calling units are the best: http://www.callerid.com/

Their units now support both Ethernet and Serial port. Also they have single units that can handle multiple phone lines.

And they have a complete SDK available for developers.

However the drawback to these units is that they are expensive. Over $200 for a single unit (with support for 2 lines).

Another option is the Caller ID Plug (http://www.talkingcallerid.com/CallerIDPlug.htm).

I have one of these units. The draw back is that they are serial only. But on the positive side, they cost half has much as the Whozz calling box.

Either of them are good for off-the-shelf solutions. Another option is for Cinemar to build their own (and I'm not joking about that one).
- Funboy

ghadlock

Postby ghadlock » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:26 pm

I was trying to get the message waiting indicator working with NetCallerID, and stumbled across this thread (also see that NetCallerID doesn't support MWI to the PC). Anyhow, I also found this cheap ($34.95) USB based Caller-ID adapter that supports CallerID and Caller ID over LAN. It appears to be just an external USB modem marketed specifically for CallerID, and I'm sure there are other external modems (USB and serial) that would do the trick but since it was relatively inexpensive I figured I'd post here. I have not tried this device (disclaimer).

http://www.dual-comm.com/USB_Caller_ID_Modem.htm

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:01 pm

ghadlock, good find. That gadget seems perfect...and it's inexpensive.

I'm going to purchase one to see if it works as advertised.
- Funboy

SparkyD

Re: Net CallerID Alternative

Postby SparkyD » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:40 am

So what is the next Cinemar solution for caller ID now that the NetcallerID is all but gone? I would love to see support for a new piece of hardware in the works.

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:20 pm

What about us folks who have already crossed over to the IP world? I remember quite a while ago Dave mentioned that there were plans to extend the plugin to handle this.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:14 pm

I purchased one of the Dual-comm devices and it looks like this will work fine. A little more testing and we'll make an announcement.

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Are there any developments for new caller id hardware?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

The Dual-Comm device mentioned previously works very well. The next version of CallerID will be able to support 4 of these type modems.

earcandy

Postby earcandy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi,

If I buy one of these Dual-Comm USB Caller ID/Modem Units, when do you think the new version will be out to support it?

Thanks!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm

The MLCallerID plugin supports it today in its current version.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:31 am

Anyone using the above USB CallerID modem with MLCallerID? I was curious if the default screen display from the device software can be defeated with the plugin. As seen on the website link for the product.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

earcandy

Postby earcandy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 am

I only installed the driver and not the software, and it worked great out of the box. I purchased the one from DualComm.

Return to “Phone Support”