which com port is assigned to NetCallerID

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
AndreMan

which com port is assigned to NetCallerID

Postby AndreMan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:56 pm

I know this is a basic question but I'm obviously missing something basic and can't get NetCallerID to work at all.

I'm using a USB adapter and when I connect the hardware to the PC, it's asking me for a driver to install. I don't have one of course and when I skip this and point CallerID to NetCallerID and NetCallerID to which com port. I used 1 for example but I don't think I have any com port "assigned" to the hardware devide.

In DM, I see a "USB-Serial Controller" device under "Other devices"
In DM, I have only one COM port, COM1 but don't know what that is as I have no on board serial connectors.

So, how do I assign a COM port to the NetCallerID device?

Thanks,

Andre

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:09 pm

First install the USB to serial adapter. You should install the adapter's driver. This should create a new serial port in windows device manager. This would be the comport that the MLNetCallerID plugin would be configured with.

The MLNetCallerID plugin might only go up to com 8 or 16 even though visibily it shows more. Can't remember if that is the case, but use 8 or under to be sure.

Next, plug in the NetCallerID box serial cable to the adapter. No drivers are then needed.

If this doesn't work....your adapter is suspect as many are....

AndreMan

Postby AndreMan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:11 am

Thanks Dave,

That was the first problem in that my "adapter" didn't come with any driver software but I found some on the net. Installed and now NetCallerID plugin seems to initialize the device on COM3, line 1 but I have no connection to the hardware.

CallerID "test" appears in ML but no communication between hardware and software at this point. I installed the software that came with the NetCallerID but it also cannot find the device.

So, at this point, I'll assume my "no name" USB converter stinks before wasting any more time on this and I'll get a PCI card as that seems to be the best option from what I've found around this forum.

We'll see how that works, thanks, Andre

Return to “Phone Support”