How to turn off automatic callerid in MLCallerId

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
Blade
Expert
Expert

How to turn off automatic callerid in MLCallerId

Postby Blade » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:25 am

Caller id is automatically coming into MLCallerId. I am using the MLHSPlugin to send the caller id to MLCallerId so I am getting duplicate entries for each call. How do I disable MLCallerId from automatically populating new callers and just let me send the caller id using the MLHS plugin call?

Thx

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 am

In the CallerID plugin settings, what choice do you have for comport? What hardware are you using to grab callerID data off the phone line?
Modem? NetCallerID box? did you try to change those settings?

Are two apps (Homeseer and MLCallerID) talking to the same hardware? Or, talking to two different hardware that are both connected to the same phone line?

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi Smooth,

I am using the NetCallerId in HomeSeer and my plugin called BLNetCallerId. My NetCallerId is hooked before anything else and gets the caller id info and then my plugin gets the caller if they are in the phonebook in HS. I then send it to ML using the MLHSPlugin call.

The problem is that the MLCallerId plugin is getting the info twice and doubling up the caller id logs for one call. It is getting it from my plugin and I have no idea how else it is getting it. I only want the MLCallerId to get the info from the MLHSPlugin call I make in my plugin.

I hope this makes sense :)

Thx

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:15 pm

Maybe the MLCallerID plugin is set for NetCallerID? Try changing it to an unused comport and see what happens. Interesting that it seems to software apps are able to listen to the same NetCallerID box.

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:14 pm

I set the com port to a com port not in use but the MLCallerId plugin is still getting the CID info from somewhere. I get two entries in the MLCallerId log every time. The second one is the info I am sending from HomeSeer thru the MLHSplugin call.

I hope there is a way to turn it off on the ML side.

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Does anyone know how I disable the MLCallerId plugin from getting the caller id info automatically. I would like to just send the CID info to MLCallerId from within HS using the MLHSplugin call.

Someone please help. My caller id log is filling up with duplicate callers for every call I receive.

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm

It doesn't get the caller id automatically, unless it is connected to a com port with a modem, or to the NetCallerId plugin.

I use it the same you do, by triggering an MLServeCmd from HomeSeer. Are you sure you aren't sending it twice?

Anything in the MLCallerID event log (not the call log)?
What do you see in the MLServer log with verbose logging on?
What is your 'Send MLServeCmd on Incoming Call' option set to?
What happens if you shutdown HomeSeer and receive a call?

Dean

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:55 pm

Dean,

I do see TWO MLServeCmd commands in the verbose log. One happens before I call mine. I have no idea where it is getting called.

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Then you must have something else that does a SendCID.
Another HS plugin or script, a Girder plugin, something like that.

Do you get a call logged if you shutdown HomeSeer?

Dean

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Thank God I found it. In the MLHSPlugin ini file there was a command set in there to pass CID to ML. Man it was driving me crazy. CID only coming in once now. Thx

Return to “Phone Support”