Com port problems? with netcallerid.

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Com port problems? with netcallerid.

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Odd, now my caller ID doesnt work. Havent used it in a while. i have the netcallerid and its set up in ml to use that as the netcallerid comport in callerid plugin, and netcallerid plug in has com 2, nothing has changed there.

I have an edgeport 4 serail/usb. When i look at the digi software, it says comport 2 FAILED when i do a test. So i reinstall the driver and it then says PASSED after taking the test.

It continues to say PASSED until I open mls. now i test it and it says failed immediately after the test. I have changed the ports around, same exact scenario. it appears when the callerid plugin starts, the comport 2 fails which is where the netcallerid is.

I dont think anything else is using com port 2 as that i what i have used in the past and it worked fine.

Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to tell what comports my system is using? I have a dual port com card that is 4 and 5. i cant find a way to change that. I would like to have my dual card use higher numbers as I need port 4 to be on my digi. Its easier to access and some equipment only can use ports 1 2 3 or 4.

also, i dont see a com port one and three. i assume my system is using it for something. is there a way to tell? i took the modem out weeks ago. callerid worked fine. maybe my system is now using com 2, not sure how to tell. any way to tell?

any help? thanks.

ps. netcaller id can only use com ports 1 2 3 or 4 (crazy!). one and three i have no idea what they are doing, four is not easy to get to, so i am stuck with com port 2, which now fails when i open mls.

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:10 pm

I am having the same problem and haven't been helped with a solution as of yet and now have a worthless plugin and callerid box. I have a comm port testing program as well and the comm port is not in use by any other programs.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:16 pm

dig, well hopefully it will be addressed. wonder if others are having problems? anyone?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 pm

A comport test program may be testing if the com port is available. Once MLServer starts with a plugin configured for that port, it will fail the test as it isn't now available to the testing software. It is being used by the plugin.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with MLCallerID 30.225 or MLNetCallerID plugin 3.0.5. They have been around a while without issues and a lot of users.

I do suspect you both have issues with your PC's comports.

Disable all plugins except MLPause, MLNetCallerID and MLCallerID.

Uninstall all modem based software and anything else that ever had something to do with a comport. Make sure there are no startup apps in the startup folder.

Reboot PC. Then check.

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:19 pm

I have even gone as far as installing a fresh copy of vista without any additional software outside of the OS and still get this problem. I even tried it on other comm ports that work with other ML plugins and enabled only the mlcallerid and mlnetcallerid plugins without success. I am out of ideas what to try next. I have tried it on all 12 available comm ports and it just plain doesnt work.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:00 am

ddigital, feel free to create a logmein.com account on that PC and PM me the log in info. I can then take a look.

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:27 pm

Thanks, the account has been created.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:07 pm

yall post your results please. maybe it can help with my issue. thanks!

Return to “Phone Support”