NetcallerID not working, need help

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

NetcallerID not working, need help

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:38 am

OK, I have netcallerID hardware on com3 (thats the #1 port on my digi edegport). The plugin says:

---> Initializing NetCallerID hardware for line 1 (ComPort=3)

That means is connected and working right? I figured that coz if i change ports to the wrong one it gives errors.

Good so far? Comport working?

Hardware plugged in correctly connected to ac and phone line. The netcallerID works as it shows all incoming, missed, etc. calls. NOTHING happens in ml. If i run a test from the plugin, it shows up in ml.

I have all the latest software.

My comport for the callerid plugin is NetCallerID. Instructions tell me:

"When using the MLNetCallerID plugin, the MLCallerID plugin should NOT be set for Connect on Startup. Power on Startup SHOULD be enabled"

That needs edited because when you choose netcallerID as the comport, there are ZERO options for power and startup. Correct? Yes. no options that i can see when netcallerid is selected as the comport.

I have three alias's set up in the callerid plugin. when i do a test from the plug in, it does show up in the ml screen. but NOTHING shows up when i actually make a call. doesnt show up in ml nor does it show up in the callerid plugin log.

i thought this was plug and play? what have i left out. i want to get this to work and have played with it for over a week with the same results.

I dont have any motherboard serial ports. i did add a dual serial port pci card. all my comports work fine on the pci card and the digi edgeport as i have moved things around to test to make sure it was not a comport issue that keeps my netcallerid from showing up in ml.

any suggestions??

ps: the test from callerid plugin works but that doesnt mean my hardware is right? the test is all software based and has nothing to do with the hardware right?

please help :)

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:06 pm

I use an edgeport w/NCID and it works great (I use 3 NCID's).

Might want to check the port settings with the com ports (baud rate, stop bits, etc) - Mine are set to 9600 baud,8 data,no parity,1 stop bit,no flow control - I think the edgeport defaults to 19200 or something - that won't work.

Besides that, it was simple to setup and works great.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:12 pm

riley, that could be it. i will see if i can figure out how to config the edgeport.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:48 pm

All you need to do is go into Device Manager and in the Ports section, you should see all the Edgeports (Com devices) - go into the properties of each and click the port settings tab...

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:15 pm

riley, well I thought that would fix it but the port was already set correctly. bummer.

anyone have any ideas why my netcallerID does not work? actually, the hardware works but it does not send ANYTHING to ml that I can see.

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:41 pm

Do you have MLCallerid set to NetCallerid?

Did you install the Netcaller ID Software disc that came with the hardware?

If so then I suspect you are not on the right port with netcaller ID.

If I remember correctly the netcallerid plugin will seem as if it is connected even if you are on the incorrect port (unless that port is being used by something else then you get a cannot open port message)

Try some other port #'s.

Frank

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:35 pm

The NetCallerID original software can verify if you're getting the messages to the PC via the serial, but then it needs to be disabled / uninstalled.

You may get something in a terminal window indicating what's coming in... I haven't tried.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:03 pm

frank, no sir, the software was never installed. yes, its set to netcallerID. I have changed around the serial ports to see what the deal is. It MUST be the com ports as none of them work, my touchscreen doesnt work either, so something is up with com ports. Not sure what. Tired of working on it tonight. LOL

Greg, thats a good idea. install the software to see if all that works. doubt it though since it appears my com ports are all gone. even though device manager says they are all fine.

i will work on it tomorrow.

thanks yall.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:12 am

Is there a way to test a serial com port? In device hard ware it all looks fine. But they dont appear to work. anyone know a procedure beyond device manager to check or test a serial port?

i have a dual pci serial port card as well as a digi edgeport 4 port serial connected via usb.

odd thing is this all worked before (not the callerid) but my touchscreen worked before as well as other ports on my digi and pci card. I am wondering if another touchscreen i have made by Data Display Systems messed it up. Maybe because it has a funky touchscreen connector (looks like a normal 7 pin din) so i added a connector that converted the din to db9. it never made my Data Display touchscreen work. More odd is the wire that had the din on it says DO NOT USE. Wonder if i blew something up or burned something out? pretty bummed i have no serial ports now.

thanks!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:02 am

Disconnect all serial devices, plug in the netcallerID modem and install the netcallerID software. Disable all plugins and services that require a comport. Load the NetcallerID software and see if it will talk to it.

Simplify, Isolate to test.

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:25 am

thanks david, i will try that. makes sense. i will close down mls and everything else and unplug it all.

here goes!

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:19 pm

in the process now of uninstalling all serial ports. nothing worked.

odd though. I wonder if there are internal serial connections that take up com1 and com 2? same as last time, my pci serial card with two com ports says they are com 4 and 5, then the digi four port says they are com 3, 6, 7 and 8. nothing in logical order. where is com1 and 2?

is this odd or normal? thanks.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:37 pm

Do you have a motherboard modem? That might be taking a comport.

one and two are normally motherboard comports.

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:35 pm

and maybe an IR device

and USB ports sometimes use "com designations as well"

hth
ChrisB

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:12 pm

GREAT NEWS! all com ports are fixed. There was an issue with the digi edgeport as it has been uninstalled and resinstalled that it had gotten to the point where there were like 18 ports the system was saying is "used". Dismantled my whole system and drove an hour to a buddy of mine who is a microsoft engineer, now works for Dell. Got many issues fixed.

SOOOO, netcallerid working. now to read up and get pics to show up.

also, i saw where some have pop ups, but i cant find a script to make that work. can someone point me in the right direction to make the callerid popup when i have a call then go down after i answer? i will keep looking.

funny, now my haiplugin is back to INVALID password again, LOL. but i will figure it out.

pretty happY!
thanks for all the input.

david, i completely pulled out my modem. it was taking up com port 2 and i just dont need it. I assume i need to remove the modem software too as it could coz problems later mabye when i try to use com2. not sure but since i dont need it, gonna delete. unless told otherwise.

Return to “Phone Support”