Problems with MLCallerID

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
bobmre

Problems with MLCallerID

Postby bobmre » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:12 pm

I am having some issues with MLCallerID. My modem is a Best Data 56HP. The very first call into the log shows the number is not available, yet it shows the number in the Phone Number box above the log. If I call again from the same line, it will show me the phone number in the log. Now, when I call from a different number, it shows me the previous number in the log. If I call again, from that same phone, it will show me the correct number in the log. If I call again, from the first phone number, it shows me the previous phone number again, in the log. The correct phone number shows up above the log. Call again from the same phone number and it shows the correct number. It just keeps repeating, the first call from a different caller shows the previous caller number in the log, but the second call from the same number, as long as no other number has called, shows up correctly.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:46 am

I would use a NetCallerID box and the MLNetCallerID plugin. Available from Cinemar direct or you can check the Internet. Supplies seem to be disappeering, so act fast.

What modems have people been using that they have been happy with?
Please post!
Thanx

bobmre

Postby bobmre » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:07 am

Since the correct number is showing as the call comes in, but it puts the wrong number in the log, that would lead me to believe there is a problem in the plug-in, not the modem.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:17 am

Bob,

Let's start with what version of MLCallerID are you running?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

bobmre

Postby bobmre » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:53 pm

I will have to look up the version tonight, but I downloaded it 2 days ago from the download page in MLServer.

bobmre

Postby bobmre » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:29 pm

The version I am using is 3.0.219.

bobmre

Postby bobmre » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:02 pm

I have verified that my modem is working properly. I wrote a program to display the caller information and it gives me the right info every time. The problem has to be in the plugin.

Is it possible to get the API for MLServer? I'm thinking about writing an answering machine plugin.

KW1816

Postby KW1816 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:55 am

Sounds like a similiar issue to the one I'm still seeing ..http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10192
No sign of any sort of answer for it :(

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:50 pm

I wanted to bump this thread since I am now having the same problem and I am trying to integrate Caller Id to my iPhone screens. It would be helpfull if the numbers and names matched :roll:

Return to “Phone Support”