Voicemail

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:23 pm

I have not seen the voicemail indicator work with NetCallerID either. Same here, on the hardware, see voicemail, but no variable update. Hopefully Krumpy can resolve. No huge deal though.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:35 am

All:

Look into the log from the plugin. If the message isn't received at all then there is probably nothing we can do. The protocol here is very simple and the plugin shows the characters that have been received from the device.

I have Vonage and do not get reliable vmail notification.

Wireless phone adapters more than likely also will not work.

dr.frazier

Postby dr.frazier » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:07 pm

On this subject, but separate ...

Anyone using a panasonic system and integrated it into ML with the rs232 port? I am happy with the system and voicemail but it would be nice to have the voicemail light show up in ML.

Randy

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:18 pm

None of the old Panasonic KSUs I've worked with communicated that sort of info through the serial put. Even voicemail systems use station ports to integrate with the KSU.

Broken dial- tone was a feature on all that I worked with.

Cecil

Vonage & Voicemail Update

Postby Cecil » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:35 pm

Correction: Just remembered that I did increase the "sound quality" on my Vonage account from "normal" to "high". I'll test further when I have time.

Looked last night at the MLNetCallerID log and there were no messages about voicemail. That seemed odd to me as the voicemail indicator on my Uniden phones correctly shows vmail or lack thereof. Was going to investigate further today.

And voila...with no changes on the computer, the phone wiring or anything...this morning I had a voicemail left and suddenly the indicator changed in ML. Looked in the NLNetCallerID log and sure enough there was a message indicating I had voicemail. When I cleared the vmail, another entry appeared in the log showing that I had no vmail.

Would be curious to know if other Vonage users had this miracle occur overnight. Guess we'll have to wait to find out if Vonage fixed something or this is just a random time when it happens to be working correctly.

Cecil

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:06 pm

I have Vonage and do not get reliable vmail notification.

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Curious

Postby jpimentel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm

Playing with this again, the interesting thing here is that I do see the message waiting on the NetCallerID hardware, but no message comes over.

Is there any other solution besides NetCalle5rID that is more robust?
Regards,

John

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Likewise - my NetCallerID is flashing that I have VM but the plugin / variables don't show this fact. Using VOIP (PhonePower).

Return to “Phone Support”