MLCallerID3 seems to recognise CID but no variable update

MLNetCallerID supports the NetCallerID hardware and sends CallerID data to MLCallerID plugin. MLCallerID3 uses a database to store your call data. MLPhoneBook is a MainLobby view to your Outlook contacts list. MLPhoneDialer allows for dialing of a phone number for you.
snowboarder

Postby snowboarder » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:46 am

i am using now CallClerk to put the cid into mlcallerid
KW1816 maybe its working for u to
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:40 am

Interesting find. And it's completely working for you?

snowboarder

Postby snowboarder » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:11 am

yes this is working for me
i put in mlcallerid that i use the netcaller plugin (no com port)
and aliases are also working under mlcallerid :)

marcel

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:40 pm

I just recently upgraded from the original CallerID to the lastest .225. I used the same USR 56K Fax Win modem as before which worked flawlessly.

In the MLCallerID3 I set up my aliases and settings as per userguide and WIki but when a call came in, the event log showed the name and phone number OK but did not cross reference the recieved phone number with the alias I set up. All my initial testing was with the test from the alias screen.

Tried every possible setting and format combination with no success.

I tried the CallClerk as described above and it worked first time. I tried passing the info from CallClerk as described above and as raw CID name & number and still worked.

This work lead me to believe that the problem lies in the way the plugin handles the alias lookup when using a modem vs. NetCaller.

I expected this would be a fairly simple switchover because my modem worked great with the old plugin and am dissapointed that I am going to have to purchase the netcaller modem & plugin or CallClerk to use this version.

Does anyone have ideas?

Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

Cameras007

Call Clerk Integration With Main Lobby

Postby Cameras007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:00 am

Can anyone please expand on how Call Clerk Integrates with Main Lobby. Please provide a detail set up of this procedure and/or hardware needed. I looked over the features of Call Clerk and it looks like there is not anything that it does not do! Thank you for your help. :)
"I do not fear computers, I fear the lack of them." ISAAC ASIMOV

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:56 pm

as shown above, it uses command-line MLServer.exe to push an action into MLServer. That's what the "Run this program for..." stuff means.

Cameras007

Postby Cameras007 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:50 am

gregoryx, OK Thanks I see that and tested it, works ok. Sometimes the caller ID says "Unknown" for some reason or does not recognize the call at all, some testing is in order. Do you happen to know what modem works well using TAPI? The current modem I am using allow for serial port direct connect only, which limits some of the features of this program. However I am wondering if I am wasting my time trying to put a bandaide on the MLCallerID plugin. I would rather get it working without utilizing the extra program if possible.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:49 am

I believe the best solution right now is to purchase a NetCallerID hardware and MLNetCallerID plugin and use that.

NetCallerID is no longer manufactured but I think you can still find them. Cinemar has a stock of them as well.

There are some more commercial duty CallerID units that we will transition to, which is what I would recommend a dealer install to use. But, we haven't written a driver for it yet, so not today.

Modems have always been very sketchy in their support of CallerID as a general statement.

If someone has some part numbers that are working well for them, please post your results!

Cameras007

Postby Cameras007 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 pm

If it is going to be quite sometime before the commercial product is available I will purchase the ML caller Id hardware available now to use at the installation site. However before I do this how is the reliability of this product?
Our customer is aching to get this finished now. :shock:

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:06 pm

The NetCallerID box has been completely reliable for me.

I tried a couple of different modems with mixed results. Nothing else has been as fast or consistently reliable as the NetCallerID device. It's physically a fugly 1990s-looking thing, but it's tucked into the back of my equipment rack, so I don't care. What matters is that it feeds the CID info via serial connection right quick.

I bought a couple of spares of them as well. Perhaps there will be multi-line support for caller-id eventually.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:20 pm

GregoryX, MLNetCallerID supports multiple units now.. one per serial port.
The only catch is that the plugin currently goes over com 16, but in reality, the plugin code doesn't support more than 16. It may only do up to com8, but I am not sure off the top. This is one of the many projects we have on the hit list to change the com software component to make the number of com unlimited.

Cameras007

ISP Cable Modem Caller ID Problem Different From Analog

Postby Cameras007 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 am

OK during my days of recent testing different modems, different data logging methods I have discovered that my digital phone system is not the same as the old analog phone system. I used Hyperterminal to directly communicate with my modem while testing both the analog and the ISP phone service.

The analog phone service was hit or miss maybe 3 out of 5 (This still could be caused by using an old modem that does not support TAPI), but the analog line was the only line that displayed any information. The digital VOIP did not show any CID information no matter how many test I ran.

The only information that registered in Hyperterminal from the ISP line is RING RING RING, etc.

The Analog line test appropriately registered as NAME=, NMBR=, DATE=, TIME =, etc with the fields correctly filled in. Then proceeded with the RING, RING, RING....

However we receive caller ID information all day long on all of our phones from our ISP digital phone system. So this leads me to believe that the modem does not support VOIP, CID information, OR my ISP is doing something different with the CID information.

Has anyone else had these problems, any thoughts? I will be calling my ISP today to discuss this with them.

Return to “Phone Support”