A Few Questions

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
ha_kiwi

A Few Questions

Postby ha_kiwi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:17 am

1 If I want to rip my DVD's and BluRays what format should I rip to if I want to use DVD Lobby with Oppo or Dune Players ?

2 Does DVD Lobby have ripping capability built in or do I do that separately using my own tools ?

3 I want to build a test system to get this all working then build a new server to run it is it hard to transfer Main Lobby and DVD Lobby to a new server later on ?

Thanks
David

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Few Questions

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:48 am

1 If I want to rip my DVD's and BluRays what format should I rip to if I want to use DVD Lobby with Oppo or Dune Players ?

Do a standard file structure rip. No need to transcode into a different format. MLServer can stream the DVD or Blu-Ray to the Oppo.

2 Does DVD Lobby have ripping capability built in or do I do that separately using my own tools ?

The AV Agent has all the logic in it to automatically rip and catalog the disc. The only thing that you must provide is a copy of AnyDVD HD or DVDFab if it still can be purchased in the States. Once AnyDVD or DVDFab is installed all you have to do is put the disc to be ripped in the drive and the Agent takes over. You'll even get an email when it is done letting you know how it made out.

3 I want to build a test system to get this all working then build a new server to run it is it hard to transfer Main Lobby and DVD Lobby to a new server later on ?

Install all the software you need. It will be fully functional for 30 days in evaluation mode. Then when you are happy that everything is going to work you can then purchase the software and install and activate it on the final machine.

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”