Adding a movie with "odd" UPCs

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
cabinetmaker

Adding a movie with "odd" UPCs

Postby cabinetmaker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Ok, I've run into this in the past, but have been able to get around it by searching for title instead of UPC, but I have a movie that isn't showing up, and I have a hard time believing it's not in the database to be added automatically. The movie is the newest Wolverine, and the Bluray is the complete collection (6 X-Men movies) The UPC is one of the ones that has an extra 2 digits on the end. Like I stated, I've run into these UPCs not pulling up movie data in the past and then I search for Movie title to get the information that way. I've tried Dozens of combinations of the movie title, and I just can't find it referenced anywhere. Any Ideas? Or do Need to add everything by hand?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Adding a movie with "odd" UPCs

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:02 pm

I maintain the master database of movies. Any time there is a title or UPC that cannot be located all you have to do is send me an email with the missing movie information and I'll get it into the database. We try to pick up everything that gets released but there are some releases that do not get announced.

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Dave-

You just blew my mind. You mean you have your OWN database of all the movies? I have some fairly old movies and they even appear in the database. There must be thousands and thousands and thousands and then more thousands of movies. How did you do it? :shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:34 pm

We currently have approximately 365,000 movies and TV shows in our master database and I add around a 1,000 new entries each month. Just one of the background maintenance tasks that keeps me busy.

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”