DVDLobby Now Playing variables

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
GadgetGuru69

DVDLobby Now Playing variables

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Can anyone help me out i cant quite get the now playing variables to work correctly. i am sure i don't have something setup correctly but haven't been able to figure it out yet.
The now playing variables get set but the issue is that they are not getting the movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}} appended to them when they get created. I am guessing i have something setup wrong but haven't figured it out yet.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DVDLobby Now Playing variables

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Look at your Play Movie button and the PlayMovie Command.

The PlayMovie command takes 3 parameters the last one being the variable to use for the Now Playing variables.

DVDLobby|PlayMovie~some id~some disk id~{{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}

GadgetGuru69

Postby GadgetGuru69 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Looks like it was because i was setting the {{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}} in the actual dvd lobby play command. So value was never being passed the first time since it was blank.

Where would be the best place to set this? When the screen with the play movie button is loaded?

Thanks

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Put it on the PlayMovie command on the Play Movie button.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Dave,

Not sure what is going on, hopefully you can help.

I'm using the the "Movies_Thumbs_BrowseNav.mls" MainLobby scene with a client name of RTI4.

Its setting all the movie_nowplaying variables to the RTI4 client instead of the active player. I want to make it be AV1, AV2 etc as the your iPad pages do so if a movie is playing it shows on the other clients. For the life of me I can't find where you buried it. I think it just needs the play command changed from {{clientname}} to {{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}.

I've looked at the remote browse scene but that is just the conditionals on the key presses.

Thanks for your help as always in advance,

Chad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Change the movie PlayMovie command and make sure it passes the optional 3rd parameter which is used as the play location variable. I think this might be the missing piece.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Guess I'm being dense today. Where would I find this command? I tried adding to the AVFamily play command in the DVDLobby applet with no luck.

Thanks,

Chad

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Code: Select all

DVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{movies_selection_dvdnumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{movies_selection_discnumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}

The last parameter to this command defines how the now playing variables are created.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Dave,

Sorry I should have been more clear. I got it to work using this syntax thru the command builder. I can't find where to put it in the 16x9 remote browse scenes.

Code: Select all

DVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{Movies_RC_id{{Movies_RC_activeicon_{{clientname}}}}_{{clientname}}}}~{{movies_selection_discnumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}}}

The play button on the hidden Nav scene is just a conditional that is firing it somewhere else. I'm sending/pressing the keystroke "P" to play.

I can give you teamviewer info to take a look if needed.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Now we zero in on it. The remote control browser has some hard coded commands in them. They didn't use the optional 3rd parameter. I just updated DVDLobby and now they will. It should work for you now. Also, those sample scenes have two invisible Play buttons that are tied to the "P" and "Enter" buttons. You'll need to make sure those buttons are using the full command.

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby shakey » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:54 pm

I can't for the life of me find those buttons, which scenes and where about are they? All I can find is the ones with the conditionals in them in the nav scene.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”