Problems setting up VLC

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Problems setting up VLC

Postby albright_family » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi all, it has been a while since I have been on. First off my server had a melt down back in January (had a bad ice storm and the resulting brown outs crashed through my UPS and fried a few capacitors in my server's motherboard.) Well I am just now in the process of putting everything back together (had to get a little thing called $$$ together to make this work.) Well I also decided to convert away from my CX985 changers to a hard drive based DVD system (I was never really satisfied with the Changer setup, but it worked. Well I have my VLC server with an external 2TB hard drive (starting small, will work up to 6TB soon) and I have about 340 movies backed up to it. Now I am having trouble getting VLC to launch remotely on the VLC system. It is hooked up to 2 monitors (one 40" Toshiba TV, and another 20 inch widescreen monitor --- The 40 inch is used for playing the movies, the 20 inch shows system status, what the system is doing, etc).

How do you all get it to work properly?!? Thank you for any and all help that you guys can provide.

Russell

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems setting up VLC

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 am

give us a little more detail as to what isn't working. What version of MLServer? Is VLC launching at all?

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Problems setting up VLC

Postby albright_family » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:58 am

So right now, I have the VLC server (with the movie hard drive attached) setup with the MLVLC Agent, and VLC ver 2.0.3. I am running Mainlobby 3 and MLServer 3. (I will be upgrading to version 4 when $$$ allow, and the wife gives me the green light :) )

In the VLC agent on the computer, I have it setup with the path to VLC, and then go to the Test tab, and try to launch VLC. It does not launch at all. (Does the MLServer need to be running for the Agent to be able to activate VLC on the local side?)

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”