PowerDVD play command

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
Mike

PowerDVD play command

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 pm

So, I can't seem to figure out how to get PowerDVD to launch from DVDLobby.

I have two test movies loaded into Content Manager. One DVD and one Blu-Ray, both ripped to folders on my network. If I manually click the corresponding files in Windows Explorer, PowerDVD launches and they play fine. I've verified that PowerDVD is the default player in Content Manager for both.

Within ML/DVDL however I can't seem to get it to work correctly. I've tried it both with and without the PowerDVD plugin running, just in case. I am running v4 and my understanding is that I shouldn't need the plugin, but figured I would try it both ways.

I am using PowerDVD 12 ultra. Startup scene is C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\Content\V4_4x3\Movies\Movies_Main.mls, and Content folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\Content\V4_4x3\.

I have tried the below two commands, can someone please help me identify the right command to use? The first command is the default from the scene, and the second is the one that is shown in the "Movie Settings" tab of Content Manager. I can't explain it, but one time - and only one - in my testing, the first command worked.

1. DVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{movies_selection_dvdnumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{Movies_Selection_DiscNumber_{{clientname}}}}

2. Macro|SetVariable|Media_{{clientname}}_PlayerName~PowerDVD!SetVariable|Media_{{clientname}}_PlayerName~PowerDVD!SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_transport_source~PowerDVD!DVDLobby|MakeSource~PowerDVD!AV.PDVD{{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}|PlayMovie~<<file>>

Thanks,
Mike

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PowerDVD play command

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:40 pm

1) Make sure the AVAgent is installed on the PC where the movie is going to be playing.
2) Make sure the AVAgent knows the path to where the PowerDVD exe is located.
3) Make sure you Add a new AV device in Family Manager that points to the PowerDVD Player PC
4) Make sure you have the PowerDVD device driver installed and loaded.
5) Make sure you set the variable {{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}} to the AV Alias name (AV1) assigned to the PowerDVD player.
6) Make sure you are using the Sample "AV Family" DVDLobby "Play Movie" command
7) Make sure the associated player for the movies in Content Manager are set to "AV Family"

If steps 1-7 are done then try playing a movie from DVDLobby. Watch the AV Agent event log as all the interesting stuff happens there.

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

CinemarDave wrote:1) Make sure the AVAgent is installed on the PC where the movie is going to be playing.
2) Make sure the AVAgent knows the path to where the PowerDVD exe is located.
3) Make sure you Add a new AV device in Family Manager that points to the PowerDVD Player PC
4) Make sure you have the PowerDVD device driver installed and loaded.
5) Make sure you set the variable {{movies_activeplayer_{{clientname}}} to the AV Alias name (AV1) assigned to the PowerDVD player.
6) Make sure you are using the Sample "AV Family" DVDLobby "Play Movie" command
7) Make sure the associated player for the movies in Content Manager are set to "AV Family"

If steps 1-7 are done then try playing a movie from DVDLobby. Watch the AV Agent event log as all the interesting stuff happens there.

Thanks as always for the fast response, really appreciated.

I believe I have done the above steps correctly, but still nothing happens when I attempt the Play command from DVDLobby. There are also no meaningful messages in the AV Family log.

In the MLServer event window however, it talks about not having a license for the AV Family. I wasn't aware that had to be purchased separately, and can't seem to figure out how to do that. Maybe that is the culprit? On the licensing screen of MLServer however, it shows 29 days remaining on AV Family so I'm really confused.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 am

Create a free LogMeIn account. Then email me your LogMeIn information (username and password) and also send me the access code or username and password for the MLServer PC. I'll remote in and look. It will be a lot faster than trying to guess what one step might have been missed. You do need a license key and activation code for the A/V Family. If it is still in evaluation mode then you are okay. If MLServer is saying that it has expired then that would make nothing work for you.

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:45 am

Thanks, done and will PM info.

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”