Lost artwork

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
spage

Lost artwork

Postby spage » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:00 am

Hi,

Durring a hardware test I lost all my License keys and activation codes.
After removing the offending hardware I managed to dig up all the codes and have everything back up and running except all of the cover art images are gone.
Not sure if I accidentilly hit clean images button or not.

I have tried importing the database again but as it is ver 3.9 I gather it is password protected.

Is there a way of automaticlly refreshing the metadata for my movie collection, to get new images?

Thanks,

Simon

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost artwork

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 am

Go into MLServer / Tools / Options / Network / MLServer DNS name or IP address. Make sure it is valid for this PC. Chances are you picked up a new IP address and you have a bad setting. If this value is not correct you will lose all images.

spage

Postby spage » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Thanks,
Tried that first.
The actual images folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MLServer\Images\Movies\ is empty.

Simon

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:14 am

Open Content manager. Edit a movie. Next to the MovieID field is a refresh button. Click that and it should refresh all the metadata and download the new images.

spage

Postby spage » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:06 am

Thanks,
Works but takes about a minute a movie.
I have over 800 movies.
Is there another way to do them all at once?

I do apreciate the help.

Simon

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:54 am

No - right now you'll have to do it one at a time.

DevenLF

Postby DevenLF » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Just wanted to mention I have/had this same issue. ALL of my artwork is gone. I'm 100% sure I didn't delete it or do anything to make it disappear.

If I go through the steps mentioned, it does come back, but going through one-by-one? Ugh!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 am

I do not understand how you would have lost all your artwork? Did you delete the database? Re-import the movies again from the V3 DVDLobby. If the images were lost on the import then most likely Content Manager does not have the correct path to the V4 MLServer folder.

philnye

Postby philnye » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 am

I am installing a fresh MLServer 4 install with DVDLobby3.9 on a clean install of Windows 7 and I also don't see the DVD images for my database.

In my case, I imported all my DVDs from DVD Profilier since my CX777ES DVD changers are no longer supported in MLDMR. I can see my DVD images in the content manager for front and back of each DVD. I think I am having some sort of port filtering/blocking problem since DVDLobby shows all the names and DVD contents correctly, just none of the images.

The images seem to all have been imported into: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\MLServer\V4MLServer\Images\Movies\
by the content manager from the DVD Profilier Image directory which is good I think but I am having trouble figuring out how to get them to show properly in DVDLobby now. I don't get thumbnail or full size images showing up in DVDLobby at the moment.

When I check my server variable, I get for example ({{Movies_Thumb_1_{{clientname}}}}):

movies_thumb_1_serverclient
http://192.168.174.100:6246/Cache/Movie ... 1272811000

How can I check to see if I'm getting a database issue since "DVD24_130x195F.jpg" is the default no image image or having a port filtering/blocking issue?

The full size image that the content manager imported is at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\MLServer\V4MLServer\Images\Movies\-1\DVP013131281798F.jpg

I have my Cinemar\MLServer folder permissions set for "Everyone" "Full Control" and I also have my MLServer DNS access set to my MLServer IP address. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there someplace on the Wiki where the MLClient/Server/Database access ports are documented so I can setup my firewall appropriately?

Thank you,
Phil Kosarek

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 pm

The issue is the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Cinemar\MLServer\V4MLServer\Images\Movies\-1\DVP013131281798F.jpg

I have no idea how the MLServer\V4MLServer folder got created but this is very wrong. V4MLServer is the share name so I suspect this share never got created. Or the path in Content Manager is not correctly defined. You need to move everything in the MLServer\V4MLServer folders up one level into the main MLServer folder then delete the V4MLServer sub-folder.

Finally check in Content Manager to see what your path to MLServer looks like. It should be a path that resolves to the V4 MLServer folder.

philnye

Postby philnye » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Dave,

Thank you very much, that fixed everything! All my movie album art is now showing up properly. I did notice that the path in my content manager was listed with V4MLSERVER as the directory path so I up dated everything to just point to the MLServer folder and then moved all the content and voila! Than you again for the help as this one was definitely giving me a headache.

Also, I noticed in the Content Manager (v4.0.4425.26745) has the mouse over text bubble help on the Recipe Browser tab stating "Movies" instead of "Recipe" as an FYI.

Thank you,
Phil Kosarek

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 am

Good to hear that it is working now. Also thanks for telling me about the browser tool tips. I just fixed that.

McGrinch

Postby McGrinch » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:35 am

I loaded two movies from my CX7000ES into Content Manager, then saw them in my movie list in MainLobby.

I then deleted them from Content Manager and tried to load all 140 of my movies in the player. I left the computer unattended, but for some reason it only loaded 35 movies into the Content Manager, and when I went into MainLobby there was no artwork.

I have since tried deleting all the movies and loading a couple (which does not seem to be a problem in Content Manager), but can not seem to get any artwork to show in MainLobby. I only see solid blue where the artwork should be. If I go to the details of the movie, I see the synopsis with a background image, so I know at least some of the data is there.

Additionally, I only have one movie in Content Manager, but MainLobby insists on showing two - the other is "Unknown Movie".

screenshot2.JPG

If I click on any other letter than the highlighted N (including #), "Unknown Movie" disappears and only No Reservations shows, but I am now on page 2 of 2. Clicking Prev Page, returns to page 1 of 1 and brings back "Unknown Movie".

I read this thread and thought I may have a problem the Content Manager connection. Here is my connections screen.

screenshot.JPG

I am confused by the message in the window title that says I am connected to CinemarSQL, but below it says I do not have a connection to the SQLdatabase server.

Also, I do not have a V4MLSERVER folder like the above posts.

I noticed the path to the artwork image is pointing to:

screenshot3.JPG

Note this is for "Unknown Movie" with a year of -1.

The only real movie that should be showing is this:

screenshot4.JPG

Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm going to remote in and look.

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”