DVDLobby 3.90.x Questions

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
Texsun

Re: DVDLobby 3.90.x Questions

Postby Texsun » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:53 am

CinemarDave wrote:The first part of that message should have the name of the procedure that generated the error. What was it? What this means is that you have an empty entry in one of your database fields and that the plugin never expected to see that field empty. Once I know what procedure it is I will know the database field.

The whole line from the events log shows the date and time in the first field, then: ImportDVDLobby - Error at line #260 - Invalid use of Null

that's all I'm afraid

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:19 pm

That's all I needed. The issue was really in the Content Manager app and not the DVDLobby plugin. In this instance you have an entry in your old media database with a null DVDID field. This should be an illegal condition even in the DVDLobby 3.75 world. However version 3.90.89 of the Content Manager will compensate for that anomaly. Download it from MLInstaller.

Texsun

Postby Texsun » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Dave, that took care of it. Many thanks and great job on the the new plug-in - I'm loving all the new features!!

Texsun

Postby Texsun » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:31 pm

I may just be overlooking it, but the scene that displays the remaining capacity of the movie storage system seems to be missing from the 3.90 scenes. Has anyone repurposed the 3.75 scene for this?

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Hey Dave,
when we went through my setup and came up with this
"MLDVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{movies_selection_dvdnumber_{{clientname}}}}"
as my play movie command, it works perfect but it wont let me change the disk number. Anything i need to add to get this function to work? i have about fifty tv shows on dvd so this is a bummer.

thanks
Hooked on HighDef

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:40 pm

by the way this is the next disk button command

"MLDVDLobby|NextMovieDisc~{{Movies_Selection_dvdNumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{Movies_Selection_DiscNumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{Movies_Selection_DiscCount_{{clientname}}}}"

thanks
Hooked on HighDef

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:42 pm

MLDVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{movies_selection_dvdnumber_{{clientname}}}}~{{movies_selection_discnumber_{{clientname}}}}

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:45 pm

How do you sort by collection number. I no longer see this 0ption.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:48 pm

There is no sort option for collection. You can use the filters to filter by collection.

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

I dont see a filter option in the plugin

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 am

When I first installed 3.9 few days ago it was creating 12 Variables for display in Mainlobby. Now it only creates 8. I made no changes as far as I know. How do I modified to cereate more movie detail Variables. I read through the wiki but I'm not seeing were to make that change.
Thanks
Bob M.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:07 am

What detail variables are you referring to? Do you want to see 12 movies per page when browsing? If so then that is controlled by the startup macro on the movies_console_thumbs.mls scene.

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks Dave. Got It now

neils

HELP getting started with Content Mgr & DVDL 3.90 - STUCK

Postby neils » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:39 pm

My apologies to the experts and Dave and the gang on here, but my issues are basic. I was loving 3.75, worked perfect with my 995 changer. Was away for a while, I come back, and bam new version. OK, so updated it ,and licence disappeared, so figured I needed to pay for this one, fine. But I had 30 days, so let me try and use it to get a feel.

Nada. I opened 3.90 only to see no movies, which means it did not import my collection, fine, back to the plugin to import, only to find out that now I have to use an external tool Content Mgr. Fine, no biggy. Open the tool and it pops up a folder browser, asking for the location of the MLServer folder. Seems easy, but I cannot get past this screen. I have tried multiple locations, and it just keeps defaulting back to the folder browser waiting for input.

My MLServer folder is in E:\Program Files\Cinemar\MLServer

So what are you looking for here Dave and gang? What directory do I enter to move past this and get access to your new Content Mgr tool. I am praying after this, it's just like the past, import from DVD Profiler and done. I am also going to need to PLAY command again for the 995 changer. With all the sophistication here, why could you not just import the library, images, PLAY command, etc from 3.75 to 3.90 ?? I feel like I am starting all over again with the growing pains.

And once I am setup with my movie database, do I just point to the new mls in the Movies folder called DVD_Lobby_390 or whatever it's called and that's it?? All new features packed into this new mls ?? No new skins or backgrounds to setup on my own ??

Thanks, I know you guys will come to my rescue again. Lucky for me, only DVD 3.9 is giving me issues, MusicL and Weather still look and work great.

Neil

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 pm

On your MLServer PC you must create a new network share for MLServer. Call the share MLServer. Then point the Content Manager to \\<<YOUR MLSERVER PC NAME>>\MLServer.

Once in Content Manager select the menu option to import your old DVDLobby 3.75 database. Let the import run to completion. I'd suggest turning on the option to watch the editing process.

You may want to also turn on the admin functions in Content Manager. The password to do that is letmein

All of the new DVDLobby scenes are in the 0019\1024x768\Movies folder. The opening scene is Music_Console_Thumbs.mls

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”