DVDLobby 3.90.x Questions

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
qabpea

Re: DVDLobby 3.90.x Questions

Postby qabpea » Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi

I have problems with the multi disc support.
The usage model looks pretty straight forward, go to the discs tab and add the number of discs needed and set the path to the corresponding disc image.

This doesn't work at all for me. I can not get the different disc tabs to "point" to different images, only one will get set.
Quite often it even results in sevaral rows in the content manager for the same film.
Also, the "prev disc" button doesn't work.

//Per

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm

I've been wondering about different rating systems. Currently the master database is normalized to the US rating system. However, since you have a one-to-one conversion I can think of adding some additional fields that allow for a substitute value. Easy to do. Watch for an update.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu May 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Version 3.90.202 of the DVDLobby plugin add new MPAARating aliases in the setup tab. If you live in a country that does not use the U.S. MPAA Movie Rating system you can now define alias values that will translate the standard set of U.S. MPAA Ratings (G,PG,PG-13,R,NC-17,NR,Adult) into your local rating system. All you need to do is define the aliases once and any time you add a new movie the MPAARating will be stored in your local format.

Ratings.png

//Per - Are you editing movies with the Content_Manager or inside the plugin? In either case please update to the latest version of both because I did make some changes to the disc editing logic in both versions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flibblebot

Postby Flibblebot » Fri May 14, 2010 6:20 am

CinemarDave wrote:Version 3.90.202 of the DVDLobby plugin add new MPAARating aliases in the setup tab. If you live in a country that does not use the U.S. MPAA Movie Rating system you can now define alias values that will translate the standard set of U.S. MPAA Ratings (G,PG,PG-13,R,NC-17,NR,Adult) into your local rating system. All you need to do is define the aliases once and any time you add a new movie the MPAARating will be stored in your local format.

That's absolutely brilliant. Good work =D>

Now, for the next question: is it possible to set the default players for different media types - for example, to play DVDs with VLC and BluRays with TMT? I've looked, but can't see it anywhere.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Fri May 14, 2010 9:06 am

Good question. I'd be interested in this as well
Hooked on HighDef

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am

In its simplest form you could have one play movie command that is built on a MLConditional that checks the media type of the given movie and executes the appropriate set of commands based on the type e.g.

Code: Select all

MLConditional|IsEqual##{{movies_selection_mediatype_{{clientname}}}}##DVD##<<INSERT VLC PLAY MOVIE COMMAND HERE>>##<<INSERT ARCSOFT PLAY MOVIE COMMAND HERE>>

or when you catalog your movies have your blu-ray's associated player = ARCSOFT and your DVD's associated player = VLC

qabpea

Postby qabpea » Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I have tried both ways, no real difference.
I updated everything yesterday. The basic problem is still there, but I saw that prev disc works ~50% of the time now.

I will try with a fresh DB and see what happens. The one I have problems with contains ~1000 discs imported from DvdLobby3.75

//Per

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I think I need to see what is happening in more detail. Zip up your movies.mdb file and email it to me. Then tell me one of the movies where you are having the issue with the discs.

Flibblebot

Postby Flibblebot » Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 pm

CinemarDave wrote:In its simplest form you could have one play movie command that is built on a MLConditional that checks the media type of the given movie and executes the appropriate set of commands based on the type [...] or when you catalog your movies have your blu-ray's associated player = ARCSOFT and your DVD's associated player = VLC

I was thinking more along the lines of if I select DVD from the dropdown in the Media Type field in Content Manager, then it automatically selects VLC as the "Plays using" dropdown; likewise for BluRay it automatically selects TMT in the Plays Using field, and so on.

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Mon May 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Mario

Just got back in town and noticed that you updated the scenes and plug-ins for DVDLobby 3.90. This has fixed most of the issues with the new plug-in but i still can't look up more then one disc at a time. When I try to do a range of discs 1-22 for example, the cx777es plug-in gets a type mismatch error. Here is my CX777ES log.

5/17/2010 7:12:41 PM Got [DiscDirect~1-22~1~1~1]
5/17/2010 7:12:41 PM ERROR: InsertCheckSum error #13 - Type mismatch
5/17/2010 7:12:41 PM Comm Port Sending 1 bytes [0]

Not matter what range i try it does not work. only when I lookup a single disc does it work. I have all the updates to all the software and pug-ins.

Thanks
Tim

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 17, 2010 6:38 pm

With the current release of the DVDLobby plugin it is impossible to lookup ranges of slots in a Sony changer. The feature has been disabled for a variety of reasons. First, there were no Sony changers available for extensive testing on; when you look up a disc in the changer there is a high probability that multiple search results will be returned (which one should I pick? The first is rarely the best.); with the addition of multi-disc support there is no accurate way to predict which disc in a set we are cataloging. If we cataloged an entire changer the probability is very high that there would be a lot of manual editing required on the back end to get things aligned properly. I can turn the feature on, I'm just not convinced you'd be happy with the results.

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Mon May 17, 2010 6:45 pm

Dave

Just noticed a second problem with the new plug-in. When adding discs via the dvdlobby scenes with the Sony cx777es it all ways imports it as collection #1. The disc and changer fields are blank when you look at in the DVDLobby plug-in. So if i tell it to look up slot 13 it does, but when i look at the info for the DVD in DVDlobby server plug-in under the discs tab it says it is located in changer ( Blank ) and slot is also blank. All movies imported via the dvdlobby scenes for the Sony cx777es are imported this way. This should be auto filed like it was in the old plug-in. Also the play in field should be auto selected to play in the correct changer and not in a software media player.

Tim

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Mon May 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Dave

So am i incorrect in saying that each disc has it on unique table of contents (TOC)? I was under the impression that each disc was different and that's how it was able to tell what disc it was. I never did understand why it came up with numerous versions or different movies altogether. Well if this feature is turned off then you should probable update the screen so it dose not say ranges 1- 400 because that implies it can do a what i was trying to do catalog my hole changer or sections of it. When doing this before with the old plug-in it was actually quite accurate. Only a few errors here and there. Mostly just it saying its was a Blue-ray rather then a DVD but everything else was pretty accurate. Is there a way this can be turned back on cause i would use it.

Tim

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Mon May 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Dave

If the range feature was turned back on is there a way to filter the results more? As for a Sony cx777es it is only a DVD player so any results containing the word blue-ray could be deleted. i think this would make it much more reliable and accurate and would save me a ton of time of individually adding each disc.

Tim

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon May 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Tim - this is already addressed in the plugin however, the default Mainlobby scenes need to be updated to reflect the plugin changes.

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”