DVDLobby 3.75 Release notes

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Does anyone know where to find the iTunes style scenes for DVDLobby as shown at the beginning of this thread?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:55 pm

As far as I know they were never released.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Bummer. Why Not?
Hooked on HighDef

ricks

Postby ricks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:11 pm

MuL 3.75 was the first time I went with the "out of the box" approach and just let it fly as is. Man, that was easy!!! Now I know that most of the fun can be found in mucking up the graphics beyond recognition and creating command maps 6 pages long :D but someone (Dave?) put a heck of a lot of work into those scenes and commands and it sure made my life a lot easier. So with all this extra time on my hands I decided to spend the evening trying to convert the enitre MuL layout to DVDLobby just to get the same theme. Ouch.

Since Mario seems to be hording the iTunes-styled DVDLobby theme maybe I'll wait until he decides to release them to the public.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 pm

ricks wrote:MuL 3.75 was the first time I went with the "out of the box" approach and just let it fly as is. Man, that was easy!!! Now I know that most of the fun can be found in mucking up the graphics beyond recognition and creating command maps 6 pages long :D but someone (Dave?) put a heck of a lot of work into those scenes and commands and it sure made my life a lot easier. So with all this extra time on my hands I decided to spend the evening trying to convert the enitre MuL layout to DVDLobby just to get the same theme. Ouch.

Since Mario seems to be hording the iTunes-styled DVDLobby theme maybe I'll wait until he decides to release them to the public.

This is one of the sweet things about the product. We can provide a completely out-of-the-box solution that works. But users have the option to customize if they want.

It's been a while since I was working on those scenes. They probably were never released, although I thought I might have posted them on the forum somewhere, because they most likely were not complete. I was also hoping that we could add the fantastic search that is in MusicLobby 3.75 into DVDLobby. The search is killer on MusicLobby 3.75!

I will dig around to see what I have.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:01 pm

Ok - here are the scenes I found. They are not complete, but it is a great start. I really really like the look and feel. Very simple to navigate.

I've also included a 2x6 thumbnail matrix scene.

You should start by loading dvd_console_thumbs.mls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ricks

Postby ricks » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm

Beautiful. Thanks!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:58 pm

I think the cover art is going through the web server which is slower than just setting up a new macro similar to the DVDLobby.0019.Init macro that specifies the cover art size. This will speed things up since it won't have to resize the images. Just something users can tweak...but eventually I hope to get to when time allows.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:27 pm

Beautiful. Thanks!

Ditto. I love it!
Hooked on HighDef

AVDCORPNY
Expert
Expert

Problem with release 501

Postby AVDCORPNY » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:47 pm

prolem with release 501 will not rip dvd , it don't start anydvdrip
have the lasts client plugin 17 and 160, it would find with version 491 but not with version 501.
need help to resolve problem thank you louis

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”