Kodi Commands

Please post general questions about DVDLobby here
maik

Kodi Commands

Postby maik » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:42 am

How can I use DvDLobby to play my Movies via Kodi or XBMC? Do we have xbmc/Kodi commands?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kodi Commands

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:21 pm

There is no V4 driver at this time for Kodi or XMBC. However you could use the server's built in GetURL command to send commands to the Kodi box. This would give you one-way control of the player.

For example: Mute
GetURL|http://<your-kodiplayer-ip>:<your-kodiplayer-port>/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"mute"},"id":1}

All of the Kodi jsonrpc commands could be sent that way.

maik

Postby maik » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Thank you but I'm using MLServer V.3. So anything else I can do?

monteourdog

Postby monteourdog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:49 am

Maik,

I have tried using a PC to act as my media center in the past and eventually switched to a dedicated media player. Personally, I would recommend switching to the Dune media players but I can't recall if a driver exists for v3 (v4 does).

An alternative is to get into scripting (vbscript). Basically, with a little programming, you can achieve what you want including 2-way control (done outside MLS completely in vbs).

One word of caution - once you understand what can be done in vbs, you may be tempted to write your own drivers and simply use MLS as a connection to your GUI.

Enjoy!

maik

Postby maik » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 am

monteourdog wrote:Maik,

I have tried using a PC to act as my media center in the past and eventually switched to a dedicated media player. Personally, I would recommend switching to the Dune media players but I can't recall if a driver exists for v3 (v4 does).

An alternative is to get into scripting (vbscript). Basically, with a little programming, you can achieve what you want including 2-way control (done outside MLS completely in vbs).

One word of caution - once you understand what can be done in vbs, you may be tempted to write your own drivers and simply use MLS as a connection to your GUI.

Enjoy!

PM send

Return to “DVDLobby Questions & Answers”